11. distance do matter

It's going to be ten months now that Kong had left for states .. he walks back in the freezing cold from his new college. He has not spoken to Arthit for about two weeks now, the longest time , against all rules they have made while parting .. kong is depressed and mopping will be an understatement, he is barely functioning.. how had he fallen so deep for a man he was physically with ,for not even a week and in a long distance relationship for about ten months ?? Well, because it's Arthit.. he is different..

They have parted with a promise ..they will make it work and kong can vouch they have worked hard for it. Kong knows their all misunderstandings happen because of the time zone and their horrible schedule ..they both get so tired after each of their classes and in Kong's case, after class photography assignments that when he calls Arthit he is already half dead .. and when Arthit calls , Kong most of the time, then he is not in any mood for any of his snarky remarks to rejuvenate him on voice calls or sexting.. their video calling sessions have also diminished in the last two months as kong's final term exams have been announced.. and he is drowning in assignments from both courses..

Kong goes back to the room and again picks up his phone to call his angry sun, the call again comes back as unreachable like the uncountable times in the past two weeks ..he is now sure he has blocked him..

He doesn't know what should he do now , should he call Todd or Phana or Em? .. he remembers their first rule at the time of parting ..

1. Never involve third party or take help from others to solve their relationship problems .. talk it out .. but then Arthit has not abided by the next set of rules either..

2. Never block each other .. take cooling off periods and typical Arthit style has given those said cooling periods colour codes.. blame his craziness and fascination for medical terms or bdsm , kong is not sure ..

his rule is simple message each other the colour code and wait so that each knows the level of anger of the other .. kong can't help but smile at his antics .. and he has to agree it worked out well for them..

3. Code yellow - mild spat, not serious ..cool off period -the day of fight may be even few hrs ..kong generally messages by 15 minutes and calls by one hour , Arthit by two hrs ..code yellow is quite common for them..

4. Code blue -serious fight ..like one of them is murderously angry .. more than one day .. mostly 48hrs .. not more .. happened once when Arthit saw kong with his female classmate, photo courtesy fb .. she was kissing him on cheek and tagged the photo as 'happy birthday beloved kong' .. it had taken a very sexy video call by a sexily dressed stripping kong in thong, to make the sun melt..

5. Code red - someone screwed up really bad beyond code blue..one week .. if no calls by then .. both of them need to meet .. no matter the distance.. the other has to agree for the meet even if it's a break up meet ..

Kong remembers that day when they made this strange rules .. sitting at the college cafe .. his all luggages already packed and sent home .. Arthit holding his hands tight and trying to hide the teary eyes from him.. Kong has started knowing by then Arthit is a softy inside .. all his slyness is a facade .. he cares deeply for his close people .. that include only a few .. phana was there with Todd and p knott, sitting a long way across to give them privacy but also to take Arthit back with them ..they all know his coconut nature., hard shell outside crying mess inside..

Arthit has then passed him the paper with rules and a parting gift .. a big brown packet, which kong was not allowed to open until he reached state ..

It was a portrait of him in vivid colours and contrasts!! Kong was astonished to say the least when he had opened it

It was a portrait of him in vivid colours and contrasts!! Kong was astonished to say the least when he had opened it .. but Arthit had typically refused to discuss further about it .. kong suspects, Arthit is the boy on top of the hill, it's a strange fate for them but he doesn't know for sure, how to talk about that incidence to him ? .., because if Arthit is not that boy, then kong will get code blue again due to Arthit's possessive jealousy over his younger selfs first crush...

This time though the fight is all due to kongpob himself , Arthit had wanted video call and little dirty time .. kong was in foul mood , he had tried at first to his credit, explain to him patiently but Arthit being Arthit had picked up another fight ..saying that "Kong now wants new meat and can't accept how he is.".and kong has replied like a fool, in the heat of the moment that
" Arthit is absolutely right .. he wants some meat who is there in front of him , not someone screaming in his ears thousands of miles away" and he himself had cut the call..facepalm..

Kong had immediately messaged code yellow and a sorry emoji after he got up after a short nap due to his sleep deprived , exhausted body , bitterly regretting his words and action, but Arthit had replied back code blue ..so kong has let him cool off fearing Arthit's wrath if he is to call back early
He had waited for exactly two days before picking up the phone for his making up session ..but Arthit's phone was unavailable from that day onwards, and now it's almost two weeks that he has completely stopped any forms of communication with him..

Is Arthit breaking up with him? The speculation itself have made him into a sobbing mess . he now fully knows that's breaking up will never going to happen from his side... they have physically separated at a very nascent stage of their relationship but what they have is really something special..he has missed Arthit immensely in these two weeks of complete silence.. he is barely holding it together through this ordeal and test of their togetherness..

He takes out the photographs from their last and only trip together .. he spreads all the photographs on his bed and lies on top of them caressing and trying to take in the real Arthit through those inanimate frames capturing him in all his glory.. in some he is laughing, in some he is brooding , In some pensive and in some secretly happy and watching him .. he has never submitted any of Arthit's photographs for the portfolio, he never meant to submit also.. he has clicked these photographs all for himself and this is the way he sleeps with his sun sometimes. Desperately trying to feed his soul with the missing warmth of his oon .

After lying down for sometime , and shading some silent tears he decides to give a last try to call and break this impasse with Arthit or he is taking the next plane back home... he is going mad ..looking at the time he realises it's early morning there in Thailand , Arthit must be sleeping but this is the best time to talk ..later he will be busy in class and in worse mood than his morning grumpy self..

but to his utter shock and surprise he finds his own phone ringing after two long weeks , a very familiar sexy wallpaper set by Arthit himself comes to light the phone screen
..'
"oon calling"

'"oon calling"

💕💕💕

A/n :: wait for it.. will post the next chapter soon but pls vote on my profile regarding choice of story for wattapad India writing contest..

Vote comment share

Love you all..