19. Arth's mom Kong's dad

" Dr Rojanapat to the emergency surgery room no 4 pls ."

The call breaks the slumber of the resting senior surgeon in the middle of the night. She rushes off from the doctor's room to the surgeons area for scrub and get case history notes from her resident doctors about the patient wheeled in for the emergency surgery.

Mr krekhai Sutthilak , 56 year old male patient, reknowned industrialist admitted with severe stomach pain suspected appendicitis. Her resident doctors and junior interns fill her up about the patient condition and symptoms as she scrubs and downs her surgical gown.

" Ohh vip patient that's why I have been called ." Being the head of department of surgery now Mrs Rojanapat only deals with very complicated cases or vip patients. She does her scrubbing and enters the operation theater. The red light of the ot( operation theater) comes alive.

Kongpob is pacing up and down in the waiting area for friends and family. Arthit beside him, and his sister's and mom watching them both as they observe how Arthit keeps on bringing him back to sit as he gets up again to pace. If they are not so tensed themselves, this will have been a very comical scene.

After about 45 minutes the chief surgeon comes out to inform about the patient health. Seeing her in the night duty Arthit freezes up, he has not expected her on duty and basically completely forgotten while taking care of panicking Kong that this is his mom's working hospital .

Kong's mom goes to her immediately as Dr Rojanapat herself also freezed up in a similar way, seeing her estranged son in front of her eyes.

He has stopped all communication with her for last 10 days and she has felt too guilty to approach him. She feels she has failed completely as mother and as a human being. How small she feels in eyes of her own son. She realises he first priority right now is her patient's family and not her son. She turns her attention and shifts her gaze to Mrs Sutthilak.

" Mrs Sutthilak I presume, he is fine and is completely out of danger. What we suspected initially is only right. It was an acute infected appendix, and successfully removed. Patient will be shifted to executive room in two hours. " She politely wais which Kong's mom returns and takes her leave but not before staring right back at Arthit with heartfelt longing and tear glazed eyes. Kong observes but not intervene, Arthit has to make a call.

" Oon , are you ok ? " She can't help but ask when her son doesn't look away from the gaze, thankfully.

" May I have a word with you oon , she continues when Arthit stays silent. Kong's mom observes the scene , she easily concludes that this doctor is Arthit's mom and some turmoil is going on between the two of them ..

She gently nudges Arthit .

." go talk to your Mae son, she is hurting" Kong's mom is a gentle soul. Arthit's mom tear glazed eyes tugs at her heartstring..she can understand the pain of your own child not speaking to you, she is a mother herself after all.

Kong also gives an encouraging smile to Arthit, he feels sad too seeing his sun not being himself and distanced from the person he cherishes the most.

For these last ten days Arthit hasn't smiled fully even once, inspite of Kong trying all means . Kong is at an extended stay at his dorm . Arthit even refused to meet any of his friends , not even Phana or Todd or Bright.. They don't even know what is going on with him and keeps on calling Kong for any updates. He has become a full recluse, following a boring routine of classes and back .Kong is grateful that he is atleast allowing Kong to be with him, but Kong knows he is loosing sleep and his appetite is almost nil.

Arthit's mom comes near him as he stands at the same place not moving but still not moving his eyes from her too. She tentatively touches his one pale cheek and traces the dark circles under his eyes, Arthit leans into the touch and closes his eyes , taking in the warmth of mom. Suddenly he turns back and starts to leave ..