18. cheering the depressed sun

Kong stays with Arthit for the rest of the three days of his exam. This is the first time they both live together without any amorous activities and a homely routine has set in.. Kong leaving in the morning for the internship at Em's father's office after Arthit leaves for college. They both take their breakfast which mostly Kong cooks as Arthit does last minute revisions. Kong back in the evening , always finds snacks and drinks ready for him covered on the table and Arthit already gone for library.

They catch dinner together which they order from outside as both get too drained to cook and then sleep off in the small single bed atop one another.

Kong's finds it cute and domestic but with a very big hitch. Arthit has stopped smiling and has discarded his phone. He has informed Kong he has thrown it in a fit of rage in front of Mr Jake's house before his mother has found him there and dragged him back home where he had listened to the rest of the pathetic story, then locked himself up in his room refusing to speak to her or Kong is sure even didn't have food at her house. Kong guesses she might have begged but knowing Arthit and his stubbornness Kong is sure nothing has come out of it.

Kong wishes to see the old Arthit back soon , today is his last day of theory exam. He wishes to take him out to meet the group. They all are waiting for a homecoming party . Phana , Todd and bright have called everyday to take information regarding him but have given him his deserved privacy . It's ultimately a family matter, that they all have deduced and thus have not questioned any further. Kong has to agree they have a solid group of friends,crazy but loyal and strong support in everything.

Kong awaits Arthit's return in the evening, he has gone to take the missed tution class for his first years. Their exams are yet to start. Kong admires Arthit's this side.. he is a responsible adult in the guise of a horny child. More matured than his age. He is munching the snacks meant for him when a knock on the door makes him to go and open the door, Phana is supposed to come today. He wants his help to convince his sun to go out. But he finds an older man at the door. Realization immediately dawns on him as the man walks inside the room without getting invited.

" He is still at library?"

" No , he is with his students taking classes , you know already I guess that his exams have finished, and that's why you are here ." Kong feels overwhelmed, he doesn't know how to react .

" I saw you that day with another boy, are you cheating on my son.. you even went to a movie with that fellow. I was luckily or unluckily at the cafe at that time."

" why are you here? and are you following my boyfriend around and accusing him of cheating on me , standing in my own dorm room? Who gave you the right to even come here and face me? "
Arthit storms into the room and goes and stands beside Kong. He looks pissed and Kong knows it is taking his immense self control to not to shout and throw a punch at this man who is ultimately his father.

" Uncle , I think you have misunderstood the situation, Em is like my brother , he is my best friend. I will never cheat on Arthit." Kong tries to ease the tension in the room.

" Don't give him explanations Kong, you don't owe him anything! He himself is a cheater so he takes everybody to be so. You can leave now Mr Jake. You and mom pls don't try to reach out to me . Especially you. I am in no mood to play the good son or anything to you ever."

" Arth, you refused to listen to my side of the story that day one request today atleast hear me out please . Lisa and mine marriage was a family arranged thing. I was not in love with her. It was always your mom, I fell in love with her at one of my exhibitions which she had come to attend. But, that time,I was already married to Lisa. Your mom was Lisa's best friend but I never knew that, neither she knew I was married to her best friend. She was out of country doing her higher studies when we got married. My entire fault was , I hid my marital status from her while courting her. I always thought I will get the divorce easily since things were not really working out between us. But sadly Lisa got diagnosed with leukemia and I couldn't leave her . She became totally depended on me emotionally, she fell in love with me. Your mom , also in the mean time came to know about everything, and broke things off with me but she was already pregnant with you and married Dr Rojanapat.