Chapter 18

Jemma's POV

To say Alessandro was angry with me was an understatement, but we worked things out and I am now at school. I can't wait to finish high school and just go and spend time with my hubby. I don't want to go to varsity and be so far away from my hubby and I have even considered taking a gap year or do an online degree.

I watch Zuri approach my locker with her hands raised up above her head. The moment she reaches me she hugs me and whispers..."girl, your husband is hot, hot hot! Wow how do you survive such hotness and sexiness?" I just smile and blushed because it's the truth. My husband is gorgeous and he is all mine.

The bell rings signaling first period and as Zuri and I turn to head to class, I see other students in groups whispering...again(eye rolling). They are probably talking about what happened at the party on Saturday. I don't care what they say, my husband and my marriage are my business and nobody needs to know more about these two topics. I am not going to deny or admit to anything.

I head to class and take a sit at my usual desk. The whispering continues but I ignore it. Nobody needs to know who that man was. I send Alessandro a text telling him I was in class and will call him during lunch break. It's going to be a long day...again.

The school just finished for the day and as I approach the parking lot, I see Alessandro's car parked and waiting for me already. As I approach the car, one of the many bodyguards Alessandro has around us at all times opens the door for me. I enter and see Alessandro in the back seat waiting for me. I was surprised because it's just 1:30 pm and he usually knocks off at 5 pm.

He removes my school bag for me and puts it on the other spare seat. He then lifts me up and puts me on his lap at the same time pressing a hidden button to bring the glass partition up so that we can be in alone. He maneuvers me until I am straddling him and both of my legs are on either side of his thighs. He puts his arms around me and kisses me deeply. After kissing me for a few minutes he puts his face on the side of my neck and just breathes me in.

He just holds me for close to him for a few minutes and then he whispers "I missed you angel, did you miss me? Duh, I missed him so much so I whisper back to him, "of course I missed you hubby of mine. "That's right angel, I am your hubby...for life". He says this with a smirk on his face not knowing I am the one who feels lucky to have him in my life.

We get home and Alessandro sends me straight to freshen up because he has a surprise for me. I take my time and shower dressing in white sweatpants so that I could be comfortable around my house. I head downstairs and the smell of smoke is the first thing that assaults my nostrils. There was smoke everywhere!.

I run into the kitchen to find Alessandro dousing off a fire that had developed in a cooking pan. He is coughing and after he has the fire under control he just stands there and looks at me with worried serious eyes. "Jemma please wait for me in the living room, your surprise is still in the oven" and he says all this with a serious face. I don't know whether to laugh or cry or scream because my kitchen is a mess.

I do a 360 degrees and turn around going into the living room opening the windows. I hear banging in the kitchen and I see Alessandro going up the stairs and down the stairs with trays and pots. After 30 minutes, he comes down changed too into white shorts and a black tee that hugs his arms and chest to perfection. He looks good, really good.

"Angel your surprise is ready and is waiting for you upstairs, please follow me". I follow behind him admiring his tight ass, the man is a god. He takes my hand as we reach another lounge area with a sliding door that opens into the biggest balcony I have ever seen overlooking the pool area and part of the city. The balcony is covered in roses and candles with a table for two set in the middle.

I just cover my mouth because the balcony looks beautiful and my man did all this to impress me. I immediately jump on him, hugging him monkey style with my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Thank (kiss ) you (kiss) Sandro (kiss)...you are the best husband ever.

After kissing he sets me down and lead me over next to the table where a romantic dinner for two is set. There is no help tonight , he has got this. He draws a chair for me and sits me down then he starts dishing for us. That's where the shock comes in. I have no words to describe what I see being dished on my plate. It looks black like charcoal but I think it's supposed to be salmon.

Another dish comes and I think it's supposed to be roasted vegetables but what I see looks nothing like any vegetable I know. After he is done with dishing he opens a bottle of wine for us and pours two glasses and then he sits down across from me. The whole set up is beautiful, the stars are shining bright, the weather is beautiful and the man sitting across from me is perfect but the dinner...not so much.

We toast to our marriage and our love and we start digging in. I forked and knifed the charcoal salmon and start eating it into small pieces. I don't want to hurt his feelings. Alessandro doesn't cook...ever! This is his first time trying to cook for someone in his life. He did all this for me because he wants to show me how much I mean to him.

I am grateful and happy for his efforts but the food...He can see I am struggling to eat and after taking a bite from his charcoal salmon he looks at me with bulged shocked eyes and spits the food into a napkin. We look at each other and we laugh because we both know the food is bad. I continue eating in small bites and he just smiles.

" You must really love me angel." I answer him" I really do". He then stands up and comes to my side and kneel on the floor in front of me. " I am saying this because this food is terrible but you are eating it like it's the most delicious meal in the world. I love you angel." I hug him and kiss him. He picks me up and starts walking towards our bedroom all dinner plans abandoned. " Now it's time for me to eat my favorite thing in the world...YOU". He whispers this to me as we reach walk towards our bedroom...