Chapter 27

Jemma's POV

Today is my wedding day and I can't wait to finally marry Alessandro ( of course I am married already but not many people are aware of that). I am going to walk down the isle to the man of my dreams. The whole week was stressful but it was all worth it because now I am happy.

It's 7 am in the morning and the wedding doesn't start until 12 noon. I woke up early because I was so nervous and had butterflies in my stomach, talk about excited and scared at the same time. I am nervous because what if something goes wrong and it doesn't turn out the way I planned.

Mother Nature is on our side as the weather is beautiful, it's sunny outside. I've been waiting for a year for this day to arrive and it's finally here. I remember when Alessandro married me at the registry office with just three witnesses. It was so private and down-low that nobody had discovered our little secret.

I spent the night at the Plaza hotel ( one of Alessandro's hotels) here in New York with my bridal party of course. I was pampered the whole night with a full body massage and a Brazilian wax, my nails and feet were done. Alessandro spent the night on another wing of the hotel.

The bodyguards were instructed to not let him in if he wants to come and see me( to which he tried so many times). We video called the whole night ( which I was not supposed to do) but he was having aneurisms that would probably have led to a mini stroke so we had to compromise.

I last spoke to him around 5 am to which my mom barged in and took my phone away from me around 5:30 am, saying it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. I wonder how he is coping. We both didn't have a typical bachelor/bachelorette party (as we are already married). I celebrated with my girls, drinking good champagne the whole night getting pampered and Alessandro spent some quality time with my dad and his friends.

I suddenly hear a commotion in front of my hotel suite. My mom barges in holding her head shouting about stubborn son in laws. I look at the time and it's just gone 9 am.
He only survived 4 hours without talking to me. My hair is done already and the only thing left is doing my makeup and putting my dress on.

"Jemma, your husband is insisting on seeing you otherwise he is threatening to burn the place down if he doesn't get his wish", my mom says. "It's okay mom, let him come
in for just 5 Minutes and he will go away after that. My mom then looks at me skeptically and says to me "Just 5 minutes and then he goes, I will be counting ." " Yes mom just 5 minutes,"
I reassure her laughing softly.

My husband enters the suite a minute later with my mom pointing her two fingers into her eyes then towards Alessandro ( telling him that she is watching him) and that time I am laughing so hard. She leaves and finally we are alone and he comes to me, taking my face in his hands and kissing me passionately.

Fortunately I have a hair bonnet on and I am still dressed in my sleeping gown so he didn't really see anything. My three wedding dresses are in the other bedroom suite. "You are not supposed to see me before the wedding, it's bad luck", I tell him. He answers " well you are my wife already so that rule doesn't apply to us".

" I actually came to give you something", he goes down on his knees ( I am already sitting down on the couch). He pulls two identical rings out of his pants pocket( one feminine and the other masculine) and takes my hand while looking me on the eyes. "This two rings are very special, they belonged to my grandparents who were married for 60 years. My grandma gave me these rings on her deathbed, she told me to give her ring to a special lady who will own my heart for the rest of my life"

" She said to me ' Tetrazzini men fall in love once and it's for life' and I didn't believe her at the time as I was only 12 years old. I had the rings re- polished, resized and buffered as well as adding an engraving inside. With this ring Jemma, I promise to love you forever as long as I live" and then he put the ring on the knuckle of my right hand, kissing it afterwards (that time I am bawling).

"You must never take this ring off as long as you live and you still love me no matter where you are. As long as you wear this ring, it's an indication that you still love me. I am going to wear the same ring on my right hand and make the same promise to you."

He puts the ring that matches the one he put on my right hand in my palm. I hold it up and look inside and the engraving says ' as long as I live and breathe, I shall belong to you forever' with an infinity sign next to the engraving. Inside the infinity sign (♾) there are our initials ( A and J).

I make the same promise and put the ring on his right hand and kiss his hand and I say "I promise" I see tears in his eyes and this shows me how much the two rings mean to him and how much I mean to him...