Chapter 28

It's finally time, the hour has arrived. It is really happening now I am going to walk down the isle and marry my husband. I am thinking all this as I sit in the car transporting me the short distance to the private venue of the wedding. You can only enter the venue by invitation and a code inscribed in the physical wedding invitation. The code has to be scanned first before you can enter.

There won't be any reporters allowed inside as they were not invited. No paparazzi allowed to enter just the way we wanted it. I am nervous right now but there is also a sense of peace and contentment in my heart. Spending the rest of my life with Alessandro is something that was inevitable. If there is one thing I am sure of is that he is it for me, no other man will do for me.

We reach the venue a few minutes later and everything is according to how I planned it and how I wanted it to be. The deco people outdid themselves in this place, it's not your normal setting it's more of a  casual random  seating arrangement.A butler/bodyguard opens my door and I get out. There is a line of bodyguards on both sides of the silver carpet that has white roses sprinkled all over. My bouquet is white, my shoes are white, my dress is white and my veil is white.

My father is waiting for me at the entrance of the venue. When I reach him, he takes one of my hands in his and kisses me on both cheeks with pride in his eyes. " Jemma, you look so beautiful and I am proud of you today and always . Alessandro Tetrazzini is a difficult arrogant bastard but one thing I know for sure is that he loves you more than life itself that's why I am allowing this to happen. There is no better man that will love my daughter the way she deserves than him," he says to me.

" Thanks dad" I say this as I kiss him. We enter the venue and there is an announcement that tells everyone that the bride is here. It quietens down and the wedding march song starts on the piano and guess who is playing the piano, the one and only John Legend. I appear at the entrance and everyone turns their heads looking at me.

Alessandro was looking down talking to his best man and immediately when he realizes that I have arrived, he raises his eyes and our gazes lock through the veil. He smiles so brightly and as I start walking down silver carpet acting as an isle, he also starts walking towards me and everyone is surprised and laughing ( they don't know my caveman).

We meet in the middle and he takes my hand from my father who whispers in Alessandro's ear "take care of my daughter" and my husband just nods. We walk down the remaining part of the isle to the front where a priest is waiting for us. The priest starts going on and on about why we are gathered here today. I am not even paying attention as am appreciating the beauty of a man that is my husband.

He looks like he just stepped out of the cover of GQ magazine in an all black tuxedo coupled with an ivory white shirt and a silver tie, he looks yummy. Then the priest gets to the part where we have to say our vows. I have written my own personal vows because I want Alessandro and the world to know how I really feel about this man. Everyone is looking at us. There are about 200 guests in attendance. I look at my husband with all the love I have for him and start:

Jemma's Vows
Alessandro Gianni Tetrazzini, you have been there for me all my life. You took care of me in the best way possible. You were there the first day I went kindergarten, my first tooth falling off, until I graduated high school just a few weeks ago. You have loved me more than anyone has ever loved.

I know you gave up a lot of things just for me all the ballet recitals you attended and all the school parties. I have always been drawn to you right from the beginning. I didn't understand it all until I turned 14 and discovered crushes. My feelings for you turned from brotherly to romantically then.

He was my first crush ( I say this looking at the audience) and I have been practicing my signature as Jemma Tetrazzini since I was 15 years old. 4 years later I am 19 years old and I am finally Jemma Tetrazzini.
You gave me time to grow up and you never showed any indication about how you felt about me. You protected me and loved me like I've never been love.

From today onwards I will be your wife for the rest of my life. It is an honor that you have chosen me with such a position. I will honor you and love you until the day I die. I will be a great wife and a beautiful mother to the kids that we will be blessed with. I love you.

People clap and I see tears slipping out of Alessandro's eyes. He gets himself under control immediately of course. He is not much of a talker especially when there is an audience. He removes my veil and just looks at me for a minute, just drinking me in. I know everyone is amazed at how he looks at me and how much he loves me, not many people are used to this side of Alessandro and he starts talking:

Alessandro's Vows
You have owned my heart all your life, you just didn't know it at first. I was mesmerized by you since the beginning. I canceled important meetings so that I can attend every dance rehearsal and it was worth it because nothing beat the feeling of watching you grow up to the woman you are today.

I didn't find or even knew what my purpose was on this planet until you. My purpose is to love you with everything I am right from the beginning. You were meant to be mine and I was meant to be yours. There may be chaos all around us but in you I find peace. You alone are my peace Jemma and without you I will never be able to go on living.

I watched you grow up and it was never my intention to fall in love with you. It happened and I don't regret it because I got the best gift any men wishes for and that is you.  I can't wait to discover this life journey with you by my side. I love you with everything I am and thank you for choosing me to be your husband. I will try with everything I am to be the best husband and a good father to the kids we will have. I love you.

I am of course crying, his words mean everything to me. He kisses me after that. The priest  clears his throat and everyone laughs. " If anyone has objections on why this lovely couple should not join in holy matrimony, now is the time to speak up or forever hold your peace" the priest says.

Suddenly there is a commotion at the front entrance and a beautiful blonde woman enters followed by 5 bodyguards and she says " I object". " Boss she threatened to talk to the reporters if we didn't let her in and we thought you would prefer if she didn't" one of the bodyguards says. There are gasps and shocked exclamations all over the guests.

The lady in question walks towards us and stands next to Alessandro. " I object because there is already a Mrs Tetrazzini, I am Alessandro's wife...