Captain America

CHAPTER 3

VICTORIA

Mabuti na lang at nagsuot ng comfy flat shoes si Victoria dahil nilibot nila ang halos kabuuan ng academy. Ramcel introduced her to some of the professors they met along the way. She was a little starstruck when she met Pris and Olivia’s mother, Elizabeth San Victores. Nakita na nya ito noong high school siya but she didn’t get the chance to talk to her then.

Ipinakita sa kanya ni Ramcel ang mga classrooms kung saan ito nagklase noon at kung saan ito madalas tumambay. Dinala sya nito sa in-house theater kung saan nakadisplay ang mga posters ng mga play. Victoria had the urge to steal the Les Miserables and Miss Saigon posters because Ramcel was on them.

Ramcel borrowed one of the golf carts and drove at the edge of the soccer field near the woods. They sat down side by side on the soft grass facing the academy. Victoria could only hear the chirping of the birds and rustling of leaves behind them. Soft breeze was gently kissing their skin and playfully tousling their hair as they sat quietly and stared at the academy’s remarkable exterior.

Despite the cool atmosphere of the place, Victoria’s heart was suddenly troubled. She knew Ramcel took her there for them to talk. The incident with Hector seemed to be a hundred years ago. Samantalang kaninang umaga lang nangyari ang lahat. Kung pwede lang burahin ang lahat ginawa na nya.

“Do you love him?” Ramcel asked.

Victoria had been contemplating that question herself so she immediately had an answer. “No,” she said.

“May kulang ba sakin? Hindi ba sapat ang pagmamahal ko? Is it because I’m a woman?” Ramcel’s voice was soft. It wasn’t accusing. It was melancholic and it broke Victoria’s heart.

“No, Ram. Walang kulang sayo.” Victoria wanted to reach Ramcel’s hand that’s resting on her knee and hold it but she didn’t.

“Then why did you sleep with him?”

“I didn’t…” She tried to deny it but when her naked self waking up beside Hector crossed her mind, she wasn’t sure anymore so she stopped. “I know that it looked like I slept with him. But I really didn’t know what happened.” She hated that she sounded like she was just making an excuse. “I couldn’t remember anything,” she said softly.

“You have feelings for him.” It wasn’t a question.

Napakagat labi na lang si Victoria. She hated herself for having those feelings. She wanted to strangle her heart for betraying her. “But I’m inlove with you, Ram. Ikaw ang mahal ko. Whatever this feelings I have for him, it's not enough to change how I feel about you. My heart is yours,” she said truthfully. “You are my wife. I married you because you are my future and you are the one for me.”

“Masaya ka ba sakin?”

“Yes…”

“Do you still want to stay married to me? Because if you want a way out, I’m giving it to you.” There was so much pain on Ramcel’s voice. “Ayokong magdusa ka sa piling ko…”

Victoria had to make Ramcel stop saying nonsense. Agad syang tumayo at lumuhod sa harapan nito. Hinawakan nya ang mukha nito at tinitigan sa mga mata. She’d never get tired of her beautiful gray eyes. Hinagkan nya ang mga labi nito. Gusto nyang iparamdam rito kung gaano nya ito kamahal. She felt overjoyed when Ramcel responded. She’d never get tired of kissing her lips either.

When they broke the kiss, Victoria found herself sitting on Ramcel’s lap. She was happy to see her wife looking at her lovingly. “I’m really sorry about all this. If something really did happen between me and Hector, please forgive me. It was a terrible mistake. I will make it up to you for the rest of my life, just please give me a chance. Don’t leave me. Don’t push me away. Huwag mo kong bitawan.” Nagsusumamo sya rito habang naglalandas ang mga luha nya sa pisngi.