Memories

CHAPTER 19

VICTORIA

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The light coming from the sun illuminated the whole kitchen naturally. Victoria could feel the warmth on her bare skin. She didn’t bother changing her lingerie. She woke up early to prepare breakfast for Ramcel, who was still sleeping peacefully.

Simple lang ang request nitong breakfast. Crispy fried tuyo, well done sunny side up and garlic fried rice. Sa pagsusulat lang creative si Ramcel pero hindi ito masyadong adventurous sa pagkain. Kung wala si Victoria baka hindi na ito kumain o kaya magkakasya na lang itong ngumuya ng paborito nitong sour cream pretzels. Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin nito pinagsasawaang kainin ang mga ginagawa nyang cheesy ensaymada.

Kahit ano naman ang ihain nya rito, kinakain nito. She loved cooking for her dahil kahit simpleng inihaw na talong ang kinakain nito, tila gourmet dish kung namnamin nito.  Pwede nga itong maging endorser dahil ang sarap nitong tignan habang kumakain.

Victoria wanted mushroom and spinach omelette for herself. She was busy beating the eggs when she noticed Ramcel entered the kitchen still looking sleepy. Napangiti si Victoria because her wife still managed to look gorgeous despite her disheveled hair, crumpled loose shirt and short shorts.

“Beautifully disheveled,” Victoria thought. “Good morning,” bati nya rito nang makaupo ito across from her. Hindi ito sumagot. Nakangiting nakatitig lang ito sa kanya. She was suddenly turn on because Ramcel was giving her a very very seductive smile. “Stop that,” kunwari masungit nyang sabi.

“What? I’m not doing anything,” kunwari inosente nitong sabi and her eyes glinted with mischief. “Masama na bang ngumiti ngayon?”

Sinamaan nya ito ng tingin. “Your smile is very…sinful.”

“Really?” Ramcel teased. “You know, I just changed my mind. Ayoko na ng tuyo at fried rice.”

“Anong gusto mo?” Napakunot ang noong tanong nya. But from the way Ramcel was staring at her lustily, Victoria knew what her wife wanted. “No!” She tried to sound stern. She also tried to concentrate on the eggs and not look at Ramcel’s lips.

“One round lang, Baby,” bulong nito. “Please.”

“No!” Natatawa nyang sabi. Pagbalik nang tingin nya sa asawa, Ramcel was no longer there. In her place, she saw the devil smiling back at her. The lovely morning was suddenly filled with horror.

Napabalikwas nang bangon si Victoria. She was confused at first of where she was until she saw Tanya sleeping next to her. She was on her bed in a hotel in Madrid. It was her second week. Dapat one week lang sya rito but she didn’t feel like going back home yet so she stayed.

After the food expo, bumalik na sa Pilipinas si Chef Alejandro at nagpaiwan naman sila ni Tanya. Naging close sila nito nang mag-start sya ng Culinary Arts class sa Montoya. Kaya nang malaman nitong mananatili sya para magbakasyon, nagpaiwan na rin ito.

“Vi? Ayos ka lang?” Tanong ni Tanya at marahan nitong hinagod-hagod ang likod nya. Tumango lamang sya. “Teka, kuha lang ako ng tubig mo.”

“You don’t have to. Ako na. Bumalik ka na lang sa pagtulog,” pigil nya rito. Madilim pa sa labas. Nang makita ang digital clock, it was only 2AM. Isang oras palang pala syang natutulog. Late kasi silang lumabas ni Tanya para magdinner kagabi and they had few drinks too.

Bumangon sya saka lumabas sa terrace ng hotel. Soft breeze kissed her face and slightly tousled her long hair as she leaned her back against the intricate iron railing. She closed her eyes and let the wind cool her body.