Satan's Spawn

CHAPTER 21

VICTORIA

“You’re so beautiful, Victoria,” Hector whispered. He was circling Victoria like a predator and she felt like a helpless prey at his mercy. He stopped behind her. “We are perfect together,” he added still whispering.

“What do you want from me?” Victoria’s heart was pounding hard. Alam nyang hindi na ito ang lalaking nakilala nya. His handsome features were sharper. Everything about this man screamed sinister.

Naglakad ito papunta sa harap nya. Ngumiti ito. “I only want you, Victoria. Sabi ko naman sayo, mahal kita.”

“May mahal na akong iba, Hector. I’m already married,” pagdidiin ni Victoria. “Mahal ko ang asawa ko. Nakikiusap ako sayo. Pakawalan mo na ako.”

His smile vanished and his eyes turned dark with anger. She knew at that moment that Hector was capable of hurting her. “Whether you like it or not, Victoria, you are mine.” Possessiveness was all over his face. “Simula ngayon, sa akin ka na. Hindi ka na makakaalis sa tabi ko.”

“Hahanapin ako ni Ramcel. At hindi ako papayag sa gusto mo. I’d rather die.” Kahit may takot syang nadarama sa lalaki, hind sya pwedeng magpakita ng kahinaan rito.

“Don’t deny it, Victoria. You are attracted to me,” confident nitong sabi.

Victoria didn’t answer. She stared back at Hector. She wouldn’t deny she felt something for him but it wasn’t enough to extinguish her love for Ramcel. And whatever attraction she once had for Hector, was no longer there. Wala na syang makapang kahit anong paghanga para rito.

Hindi pa rin nya alam kung anong pakay sa kanya ni Hector at kung bakit nito ginagawa ito sa kanya, pero sa mga sandaling iyon, batid nyang nanganganib sya. At natatakot sya sa kung anong kaya nitong gawin. There was something evil about him.

She stared back at him. “Whatever I felt for you was fleeting. It was insufficient to make me turn back from the person I trully love.”

Anger was on Hector’s face again. “You will willingly leave her for me.”

“Over my dead body.”

“Oh believe me Victoria, there will be dead bodies if you won’t give me what I want,” he said menacingly.

Lalong nabalot nang takot ang puso ni Victoria sa tinuran nito. Ibang tao na ang kaharap nya. Gone was the charming handsome man she admired before. The man before her was Satan’s spawn if he wasn’t Satan himself.

“Nagpahanda ako ng makakain para sa ating dalawa. Consider it as a welcome dinner.” His dangerous aura was suddenly gone. When he smiled, it seemed he was the same Hector again. Hinila nito ang upuan para sa kanya. Nang hindi sya kumilos mula sa kinatatayuan, dumilim ang mukha nito. “I am politely asking you to have dinner with me, Victoria.” His tone was very icy. “Marami tayong pag-uusapan.”

Napilitang lumapit rito si Victoria at umupo sa silyang inalok nito. The way he changed his expressions was disturbing. Parang dalawang tao ang kaharap nya.

“I had Monica prepare this.” Hector indicated the food on the table. On normal circumstances, Victoria would have appreciated the aroma emanating from the paella negra before her. She could also tell just from the looks that the steak was a perfect medium rare. But she didn’t have the appetite to lift a knife and savor them.

Monica. That must be the beautiful woman with a scar on her face. Sino kaya ito? Must be Hector’s minion, she answered herself.

“I haven’t tried your cooking but I’m sure yours would be more excellent. You’d make a perfect wife,” casual nitong sabi habang nags-slice ng steak.