Episode 1 (Season 1)

"Jesus loves you", I had said it a thousand times already but the smiles on the faces of the recipients of my flyers only encouraged me to do more.

The Word of God charges us to fulfil the Great Commission. My pastor urged us to heed this call by the leading of the Holy Spirit so for five months, every Saturday afternoon saw me at the National park, giving out flyers with the message of the love of Christ and inviting the people to my local church for the Sabbath worship.

It was a hot Saturday afternoon as usual. Drained of all my energy, I decided to wrap up quickly and get my much needed rest.
I noticed a few people at the far eastern section of the park.
"Last batch" I felt the Holy Spirit speak to me.
I sighed as I headed towards them. I immediately delved into evangelism.

Nothing excites me more than sharing the love of Jesus to the world.
Not everyone's receptive though, but I'm always glad most people actually take time to listen.
All it takes is a teeny tiny seed of the Word to cause a stir within them. And knowing I get to cause rejoicing in heaven gives me unending joy.

I was so engrossed in my activity that I bumped into someone.
He shoved me and passed without as much as a second look. I lost balance and tried grabbing his shirt to soften the impact of my inevitable fall but to my dismay, he heedlessly wriggled out of my grasp.

I fell with my flyers carried by the wind in all directions.

Goodness Gracious!

The stress and frustration of the day's events slowly turning into rage.

"Pampered rich kids." I muttered undertone in anger.
How did I know? This is Ghana. Expensive black currant cologne is not for everyone.
Besides, there's no denying with that pure hybrid skin tone.

I called it a day still wondering how I allowed a total stranger ruin my mood.

*************
I headed for the bus stop. It was almost a half past four. I had to hurry else I won't catch my bus.

The city square came alive at exactly at 5pm. Most buses would be completely occupied by then as offices around would have closed.

Tema is an industrial community, popularly known as the "Harbour City" and is home to thousands of industrialists, engineers and businessmen. Most people live in Tema for its beautiful sandy beaches, rich culture and food, great hospitality but most importantly because of the vast job opportunities.

I got to the main road. The bus stop was right across. I looked left, right and left again. No car in sight. I took a step.

Got to get home soon. Still have a lot of assignments to complete.

As I was crossing the road, I noticed a black Audi Q8 negotiate the turn and enter the main road at top speed. It was too late to go back. I was already halfway across.

In a split second the car was just a few meters away. I was too confused to make a rational decision.

Was this it? Is this were it all ends?

Super suddenly, the car came to a screeching stop just a few inches away but the shock of the event unfolding fast track like an action movie was enough to knock me off my feet.

My head was spinning. My world moving in different circles.
Where am I? .....

Is this the great transition into the afterlife? ....

Is this heaven?....Jesus, where are You? Why can't I see You?

Suddenly I heard screams and running.
"Awurade ee"

Nope. I'm definitely still in Ghana.

I could sense the people coming close and when I opened my eyes, everything was blur but when the lenses of my eyes adjusted to suit my surroundings and it all became clear, I had the shock of my life...

Check out my other books;
Chasing me down (a sequel to Intense)
Come running
Alone💗
The perfect storm

~Jayyy_ F