Episode 2

There he stood, right in front of me.
Call me dramatic but I was almost certain that was my guardian angel ready to take me to the place my Heavenly Father has prepared for me.

He had a mild light hybrid skin tone, generic brown eyes graced with a pointed nose. His clean chisel shave flawlessly complemented his sharp jawline.

"Earth to, girl", my brain alerted me as it rebooted.
I took in my surroundings and was overwhelmed.

Then suddenly it struck me. That dagger shaped tattoo on the left side of his neck was all too familiar.

It was him. The rich pampered kid. The guy who was extremely rude to me about an hour ago. I hadn't seen his face clearly earlier but that somewhat faded tattoo I would not forget.

He held on to me on the ground with genuine concern on his face.

I felt a turmoil of different feelings on the inside.

"Are you alright?", he asked in clear British accent. I could sense a tint of worry in his voice which he faultlessly hid.
But with the glare of the town folks that had encircled me, I resolved to not entertain the scene less be termed as some gold digger trying to claim damages from a 'peaceful' and wealthy foreigner.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I shrugged to wriggle myself from his embrace, got up and dusted the dirt off my jeans.
I could still feel pairs of eyes looking in my direction. Don't they know staring is rude? I had to get out of here.

As I was turning to leave, I felt his arm grab me and speaking in a low but stern voice.
"Let me take you home"
I searched his face for any emotion. He was difficult to read. His eyes flickered with a hint of care but he was an expert at covering up his emotions.

"Of course not. I don't even know you." I stated baffled at the offer.
"Get in", he said yet again with that firm voice, one that needed no further argument, and headed for the car without waiting for an answer.
"Bossy", I muttered in annoyance as I headed for the passenger seat of the sleek black car. It was just as I expected: quality leather seats, high tech systems and expensive cologne filling the ambience.

What am I doing?....
I don't even know him.
Why am I in his car?....
A stranger's car!
Renèe?!
I need to get out now. My legs aren't even cooperating.
Oh God...