Chapter 56

It was then that Renée noticed the little baby bump. It was about two or three months for sure and that was around the same time Jay cheated on her. This wasn't a lie. She was pregnant.
Renée held her breath. Everyone else except Jay Xavier and Mr. Whyte, was in shock. Anastasia laughed. She was certainly enjoying the effect she had on them.
"Why didn't you tell my love? We could have broken the news to them together. Then we could all celebrate." She teased.
She had them right where she wanted. She glanced at Paula and smiled. She smiled back. With this baby, she was going to tear Jeremy's family into pieces, she was going to make them suffer so much that they'll never forget her name - Anastasia Mical. A wicked smirk play across her lips.
Hopefully, that weasel would play his part well too.

Renée was beginning to feel suffocated. She ran out and Jeremy ran after her.
"I better meet them at home. Ta-ta." Ana bid them good bye and left satisfied that she had achieved all her set targets.

Outside, Jeremy tried to calm his devastated wife. She wept in his arms. She questioned God within her heart. She reminded Him of her diligent service, her love and obedience to do His will even when everything else told her not to. She questioned His word in Psalm 25 vs. 3. She waited on Him all her life, why was she put to shame?

When they got to their home in New York, Ana had already made herself comfortable on the couch and was watching tv in a lingerie that was very revealing. Renée was furious.
"Anastasia what's the meaning of this? Haven't you done enough?" Jeremy yelled at her.
"Oh, the bitch didn't leave?" She said in mock disappointment and quickly added
"And I'm just getting started my love. My son deserves to have a family just as the bastard she calls your son does."
"Don't you dare bring my son into this!" Renée warned.
Jeremy sighed. He tried to maintain his cool.
"Anastasia, go change into something decent and pack your stuff and meet me downstairs. You're leaving."
"Leaving? I'm not going anywhere."
"Ana, I'll take you to one of my apartments. It's close by. We'll settle this later." He stated calmly as Renée ascended the stairs into their bedroom. He was a nervous wreck.
"I'm only leaving because I want to. And Jay, get ready. We're coming for you."
She laughed and left. There was a car waiting for her outside. She didn't plan to stay so why come all the way here? She was up to something. He knew it.

Jeremy was overwhelmed as he crumbled to the ground. He never imagined employing Anastasia could cause this much damage to his life.

Ava met up with Renée. She wanted to speak to her before she left for Seattle.
"How are you?"
"I've been better"
Ava sighed.
"I don't know what to say Renée but don't forget our God still lives. He is able."
Renée wanted to counter but decided against it. Then Ava asked the question upmost on her mind.
"Have you told him yet?"
"No. Now's not the best time."
" You know you can't keep it a secret forever." Ava stated.

Renée phone rang.
"Mia"
"Renée"
"How are you?"
"I've been better"
"Can we meet as soon as possible?"
"Sure. Jay and I are leaving for Austin tomorrow so I'll come by this evening."
"Ok. See you then."

*.             *.             *.             *.              *.              *.       *
Jay needed to transact some business in New York so the couple extended their stay. Renée saw more of Mia and Edward. The new couple had become her good friends. But there was more to that.

One Friday evening, Mr. Whytes hosted another family dinner. Paula's daughter Juan had arrived in the country from Scotland. They were all excited to meet her. That was their first meeting with her.

Renée picked a grey draped neckline dress and pulled her natural soft Afro into a bun.
They were all seated when the door bell rang. Paula got up to open the door.
"That's must be my baby. I'll go get it." Mr. Whyte looked overjoyed.

When she emerged into the dining room with the young woman's hand in hers, everyone was dumbfounded.
It was then they all realized the striking resemblance between the two. They were totally caught off guard.
They were so not expecting this ....