Episode 35

I couldn't open my eyes neither could I move any part of my body. I had pains all over. I felt someone open the door. He smelt expensive. His berry-scented cologne completely filled the ambience when he entered the car. As he leaned over, his scruffy beard brushed against my skin. He picked the document.
He hit me hard on the head and I blacked out again.

*. *. *. *
Jeremy sat beside my bed. My hands in his. My body was numb, my eye lids were heavy and I couldn't speak either but I could sense what was happening around me. Mia came in.
"Jeremy"
"Mia"
"How is she?"
"The same as she was two weeks ago."
she sighed.
"Jay, don't worry I know she'll be okay and this will soon be a thing of the past."
"I hope so sis."
It was the first time I heard him call her sis. What did that mean?

The doctor walked in.
"Doctor", they said in unison, and got up.
"Unfortunately, she's not responding to treatment. The impact was great since she was driving at top speed. She has sustained multiple head injuries which affected her brain and it may shut down anytime from now, aside her many body injuries. As your personal doctor, I'll advise you to put her off life support because she might never wake up."

Jeremy was furious and expressed his anger by violently throwing the stuff in the hospital room.
"What do you mean she might never wake up? Why am I paying you if you can't do your job right? How much do you want? I'll double it..no, triple it. Just save her."

Mia calmed her brother.
"Mia....I can't lose her too. Why do I keep losing the people I love?"
"Shh...you won't lose her Jay"

Mr. Whyte came by later in the evening.
"How's she?"
"We're hoping for the best." Mia replied.
Mr Whyte looked over. Jeremy was fast asleep.
"He's hardly got any sleep. Ever since her accident, he's been here at the hospital and only goes home to take a shower and that's even because I forced him to. He never leaves her side. If she dies, it'll be the end of him and it's all my fault. If I had not involved her in this plot against those dangerous people, she wouldn't be fighting for her life now." Mia burst into tears.
"You're not to blame for this. It was your selfless nature coming into play. Even Jeremy recognizes this.", Mr Whyte said as he consoled her
"What for? They stole the document anyway."
"This is all for a reason so calm down my dear."
Jeremy woke up.
"Hey dad.", he yawned.
"Jay. I'll go get you two coffee, you need it."

"Sir..Sir...you people can't barge in like that...I'll call security....Sir.", the nurse's voice could be heard down the hallway.
Jeremy and Mia became alert. Mr. Buckle and his men barged into the hospital room. Jeremy and Mia simultaneously took out their pistols.
"What do you want?", Mia questioned.
"As feisty as your father but do you know what happened to him. I gave him a slow painful death and then chopped his body like a cow.", Buckle gave a wicked laugh.
"I assume you didn't come here to chitchat.", Jeremy lowered his gun and stood confidently.
"As intelligent as ever. Too bad you called off the wedding. I'll love to have my hands on the Whytes fortune too."
Greedy bastards. The Carlson's fortune could last him a lifetime and then his next generation till they're 30. How far could they go? Jeremy boiled in rage.
"Now, tell me where the document of ownership is?"
Mia and Jeremy stared at each other perplexed. If they didn't have it and the Buckles didn't have it either, then who had the document of ownership?
....