Episode 31

I looked away. It hurt me so much to ruin what could have been a very beautiful moment. But I didn't want to awaken love when the time was not right as my Bible taught me in Songs of Solomon 8:4.
It has been one of my fervent prayers because I knew by myself I could never resist Jeremy's charm.

He was surprised by my action.
"I'm sorry. I thought you were ready for this."
The look on his face spelt disappointment.
Oh God, why does Your will keep conflicting with my happiness?

"We've successful reached the shores of Miami", the captain announced.
"Shall we?", Jay ushered me unto the dork.

"I had a nice time and thank you for trusting me enough to open up to me.", I said once we were on the dork and bid him goodnight.
At least meeting him tomorrow would be less awkward.

I met Mia and Mr. Whyte at the reception.
"Heeeeyy. I heard you went on a boat ride with my brother. Oh how romantic. I never thought my brother was that romantic. Guess it take the right person to bring that out." She winked
"Oh Mia" we laughed.

I took my bath and was heading downstairs when I noticed something unusual. Mia was spying on Elena. But why would she do that? I knew she didn't like Elena but spying was uncalled for. Who really were these people?
Mia noticed me and signaled me to be silent.
When Elena ended the call she was having, Mia silently but swiftly grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into a room which was opposite Elena's.

She looked at me with an assuring smile that said 'I'm gonna answer all your questions.'
"My brother told me he was going to open up to you so I assume that by now you're fully aware of my family's crisis."
I nodded, urging her to go on.
"Elena is my sister"
I looked her in shock. Did Jeremy know that marrying a sister was incest? I was disgusted.
"No, no, it's not what you're thinking. Elena is Jana's daughter.
As per the laws governing Verga Association, the partners must be in healthy competition and not rivalry so it was decided that The Carlsons Corp and Whytes and Associates let sleeping dogs lie finally and make amends.
Mr. Buckle, that greedy bastard that I'm so unfortunate to call my granddad suggested a marriage deal.
Those gold diggers.  Carlson Corp is not enough for them. We'll give them a taste of their own medicine. We also have something up our sleeve. If we could only get hold of the document of ownership, we could prove that it's fake."

She sighed.
"I promised Miss Jane, my nanny that I would not stop until everything was back in its place and I'm gonna need your help."
"Does Jeremy know about this plan?"
"No. He didn't accept the marriage deal in the first place. He can't stand that snobby stuck-up princess.
I made him promise to feign interest at least till the engagement party where our major plan takes off."
"What can I do to help?"
"That's more like it."

We were having dinner when Elena came.
"You bitch!"
She poured a glass of wine on my dress and was about to hit me when Jeremy held her.
"Enough of that, Elena!", he yelled at her.
"Then tell her to stay the hell away from you.", she shed crocodile tears.
Jeremy rolled his eyes.
"Doesn't she know our engagement is this weekend?"

All activities stopped. She caught everyone's attention. Mia choked on her drink.