Episode 37

There at the feet of God, he encountered Jesus. And he heard Him. His voice was like the sound of rushing waters yet still and calm. It was indescribable; unexplainable.

"I am that I am. I imagined the sun, I give source to its light yet conceal it to bring the coolness of night. I placed the stars in the sky and I know them by name. In your mother's womb, I formed you; I know you. I love you. Come unto me, you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

He immediately began to feel light, free, unburdened. It was beyond this earth; it was HEAVENLY.
All he could mutter was..
"Lord, I surrender my life to you. Have Your way."
and then passed out.

*.                  *.                  *.                 *.                  *
"Jeremy! Jeremy!" Mia called out. She was shocked to find him passed out in the chapel. She had searched everywhere for him. It was only when she asked around that she got to know he was in the hospital chapel. She was amazed to find him there.
She knew her mum,  Naa Atswei and her dad were Christians but Jeremy stopped being one when his dad cheated; that was long ago. She has never been a christian herself, though her mum tried to convert her several times.
Naa Atswei was a wonderful mother and she missed her now more than ever.

Jeremy rose.
"Renée is awake.", she said bubbling with joy as Jeremy hugged her lifting her above the ground.
"Go on ahead. I'll be there.", he assured his sister.
He knelt down at the altar and gave thanks.
"Lord, from the depth of my heart I say thank you. All glory, honor and adoration be unto Your holy name"

I sat up supported by my pillows. My limbs still felt numb. The doctor said I wouldn't be able to walk properly for sometime. But I'll get better by the day.
I was speaking to my parents via Skype. They were worried about me and managed to get Mr. Whyte's number to be updated on my progress.
They were going through some bad financial crises so it was hard for them to come up with money to visit me in Britain. My dad managed to get some money but it will only be sufficient for his departure and arrival and only he could make it.
And if he even did, he had to live with my uncle and his family because he couldn't afford a hotel. Hotels in London were expensive. Mr. Whyte was generous enough to sponsor my parents in his private jet and settle their accommodation. I was grateful to him. They'll be over tomorrow.

Ava called.
"Renée"
"Ava"
"Are you alright? What happened? I heard you run into a tree at top speed but that isn't you. You don't drive carelessly."
"It's a long story. I'll fill you in once I'm back."
"What's up with you and Jordan?"
"Nothing, I guess."
"It's because of Jeremy right?"
"Look Ava..."
She cut in
"Renée it's ok. All I want is for you to be happy. I don't hold anything against Jeremy....ok, apart from he being an atheist but if you've prayed about it and want to go on, I totally support you. Besides, I don't like Jordan anyway now."
"Why?"
"Because I saw him with another woman while you were in the hospital."

I was so glad Ava supported me.

Mr. Whyte and Mia came in.
"How's my favorite daughter in law doing?"
"Dad, She's your only daughter in law."
"Exactly"
We laughed.

There was a soft knock on the door. Jeremy walked in. He had in his hands a beautiful bouquet. His smile was so captivating. We got lost in each other's gaze smiling like idiots. Yeah because we were madly in love with each other. Mia and Mr Whyte quietly slipped away.
Jeremy came closer. We hugged, holding on to each other. Never wanting to let go. We understood each other in ways no one else could.
"Hope I wasn't too late. I wanted to get your favorite lilies for you."
"I guess God saved the best for last," I giggled.
"When did you wake up?"
"About 2hours ago"
Jeremy clasped his mouth with his hand.
"Indeed my Redeemer lives..."
My eyes nearly popped out in amazement.