Episode 5

Seriously, God.
"Miss Affoh"
"Mr. Whyte". I extended my hand.
He squeezed it gently.
"Let's go in"
His office was large and tastefully furnished. It was then that I noticed the picture of a young boy in his early teens. I never really paid attention to that picture.
I scanned the face critically.
Dark brown hair, brown eyes and that charming smile...
It was definitely him. Oh my goodness what I'm saying. Back to earth.

"I guess you two have already met so there's no need for an introduction-" Mr. Whyte stated
His phone rings and he excuses himself leaving his son and I in the office.
He was still a total stranger to me.

"You never told me your name.", I said once Mr. Whyte was out of earshot.
"You never asked.", he said with a trace of laughter in his voice. He was definitely enjoying my perturbation.
"So..."
"So?
"So what's your name?
"That's for me to know and you to find out" his smirk was not lost on me.
We were interrupted by Mr. Whyte.
"I hope you won't mind me saying this in front Jeremy."

Bullseye! I couldn't stop myself from grinning like a child in a candy shop.
Jeremy. Intriguing.

I stole a glance at him and he looked displeased. He obviously didn't expect his father to relate to him on first name basis with me here but I guess his father thought we were acquaintances.
That doesn't t stop me celebrating my first victory.

I was totally lost in my own world, I didn't realize Mr. Whyte was still talking. When I didn't reply he continued .
"I spoke to the Board of Directors and they agreed to extend your scholarship after your Pre- Med programme is over. They are impressed by your performance. Keep it up."
"Thank you so much", I said with obvious delight and gratitude.

This really meant a lot to me. I felt my eyes tear. I breathed a silent prayer.
"Lord, it has been You since day one"

*                     *                    *                     *                    *
I moved to the library. It was almost a quarter after eight. My first lecture would be over. I have about an hour to my next lecture.

At the library, I headed for my favorite spot. I could see the beach across and hear the sea roaring in all its glory. It helped me relax.

Haphville was located on the coast of Ghana. It was indeed a conducive atmosphere for learning.
I quickly delved into my studies. I had to catch up. I didn't want to be behind especially in my Pharmacology class.

*********
I felt someone's presence. That black currant cologne could never be mistaken. It was exotic.
He took a seat opposite me. With a stern face, his eyes was fixed on me- without as much as a blink.
I noticed his hands were clenched in a fist as his rested them on the study table.
I was beginning to panic as he continued to stare at me, rage filled his eyes.
What did he want from me?
Save me...