Episode 33

Time went by quickly and before I knew it we were in Ghana and it was just a day before Jeremy's engagement.

I had not seen Jordan for days. He didn't call so I also didn't. Not that I'm complaining. I dreaded seeing him. I didn't think the engagement could go on after what happened between Jeremy and I on our trip in Miami. I lusted for him throughout the trip. It was the Spirit's fruit of self control that kept me in check.

The wedding was to be held in London, England where the Carlson Mansion was.
I had not spoken to Mia either since we touched Britain. I know she would be busy putting her plan into action
My phone rang. Speak of the devil.
"Renée"
"Mia"
"I need your help."
"I need a Very good hacker. One that can not only hack a computer but massive computer systems"
"Oh I have one person in mind. I'll call him and let him know."
"So what's the plan?"

*. *. *. *. *
It was Jeremy's engagement today. If Mia's plan works perfectly, the Carlsons will finally have their happy ending.
The engagement colors were maroon and grey so I picked a maroon off-shoulder flare sleeve dress.
I looked outside. He was early.
"Hey you're early."
"I'm paid to be early"

We got to the house. It was beautiful. But inside was magnificent. Jeremy spotted me.
"Hey beautiful"
"Isn't it supposed to be your engagement party." I stated sarcastically
"You know this is a mere event I'm attending. I'm surely walking out a bachelor." We laughed.
"This house brings back so many memories.", Jeremy disclosed with hurt.
I put my hand in his and squeezed it gently.
"Don't worry. It will be okay. God is in control."
I realized he would have argued but decided against it.

"You look ravishing by the way", he complemented.
"You don't look so bad yourself."

I looked over my shoulder.
"That weasel and his master are here. I'm out of here.", I said and Jay laughed.

I had an alert on my phone. Time to commence the operation. The security was down already. I had to be quick. The ring ceremony was almost due. Jeremy was sure to say no which will possibly cause a commotion. I've got to be out of there before that.

I maneuvered my way to the study. The security cameras were down and I had free access but I had to be extra careful. I knew Randy was on alert to get me out of there in case anyone noticed but I didn't want that to happen. I had to get that document.

I was in the study. Where was the secret passageway? Good thing Randy fixed this communication device in my dress.
"Mia"
"Renée. Are you okay? What's wrong?"
"I can't find the secret passageway."
"Turn the portrait view of London in a clockwise direction through a revolution."
"Thanks"
When I did, the book shelf divided into two. It was a door to the secret passageway. I felt all giddy. It was like I was in some sort of action movie. I put on my dark glasses, cocked my head and head into the passageway in Wonder Woman fashion.
I walked through the alley. It was dark but I could see a beam of light ahead. It was another study. I noticed a similar portrait on the book shelf. I went through the same process and a safe appeared instead. The safe's passcode was disabled. Randy was a genius.

I got the document and was going back when I heard someone slammed the door to the passageway. The alarm went off.

"Mia! Mia! Mia!!"