Chapter 47

Flowers were everywhere. The well manicured garden looked beautiful, radiating with a spectrum of colours. Different species of flowers and trees and fruit orchards. From roses to lilies to the beautiful marbled pathway, to the well polished garden chairs and the various species of trees, it was the best setting to celebrate their anniversary together.

What better time to thank The Almighty for His grace and mercy that brought them thus far? They had fellowship together and in accordance to Psalm 106 vs.1 , praised his name.

Three years had seen joy and pain but with God they sailed through. By His grace, they watched their son's first steps and heard his first words. Carlson Corp for the first time in over two decades topped the League and also three times in a row. Renée's foundation R&J thrived across Ghana providing support to needy but brilliant students in the country.

There were the downs too.
Renée's mum was diagnosed with Hypertension. She had to go through series of tests and treatments. It was a very stressful period for the family. Her mum and her dad both came over to the US where she felt her mum will be well taken care of.
Her breaking point was when the doctors predicted that the highs and lows in her blood pressure meant one thing and one thing only - death was near.

She cried in the arms of her husband that night.
"Jay, my mum is dying."
He was a pillar of support during those times but inwardly, Jeremy felt like he was reliving the moment his mum parted with the land of the living. Indeed, everything happens for a reason. He completely understood Renie and he knew the perfect words to console her.
"Sweetheart, God says He'll never leave you nor forsake you. He assures us in Hebrews thirteen vs five."

Renée calmed. Those words soothe her soul. They meant a lot to her especially coming from Jeremy.
If anyone told her some few years back that Jeremy would be quoting scriptures, she would have sworn on her life that that was a lie.
God is great. He was able to turn the heart of a firm atheist who could scientifically prove without any doubt how the world and everything in it came into being, of course without the God factor.

However, God didn't let go just then. By the end of the week, her blood pressure was miraculously stable. Indeed, by His stripes, we're healed.

But the worst was yet to happen- when Renée realized that her marriage had already hit the rocks right under her nose.

In the couch trying to watch TV, Renée sat, worry all over her face. It was almost midnight and Jay wasn't back home. He was never this late. Once or twice, he arrived late but certainly not after 10pm and he always called to inform. This was weird. The Verga League was ongoing and she knew they could be ruthless if they wanted to especially after Carlson Corp.'s victory the past few years. She knew they could do anything to be at the top.
She called him several times but his phone was switched off. She called Val when she felt she couldn't take it anymore.
"Val"
"Mrs. Carlson Whyte"
"Call me Renée"
"As you wish, Renée"
"Are you at the office? I'm trying to reach Jeremy but I can't."
"I left there two hours ago, but I'm most certain he stayed overtime with his secretary to finalize some documents. I'm certain he'll be home soon."
She felt the Green eyed monster consuming her. Why did Jeremy stay this late and with his secretary?
She decided this time to call his secretary.
"Carlson Corp. It's Anastasia Mical speaking.
She stood rooted to her spot, mouth agape....