Episode 10

What's this was all about?
I gave him my undivided attention.
"Renée, it's not a secret that I can't stand you. I know you're just in our lives just for the money. I love my family and I'll do my best to protect it from gold diggers like you"
I was about to protest but he continued.
"Spare the lies for someone who'll actually believe it. You claimed to believe in God, right?"
I knew where this was heading
"I'll give you an ultimatum of 30 days, a whole month, to prove to me that your 'God' exists. If you're unable, I'll personally ensure you're transferred but with your scholarship intact and you'll get the hell out of our lives." I cut in.
"And if I prove to you that there's indeed a God..." I let my words trail.
"If you do, which I doubt, I'll..." He paused and thought for a while.
"I'll do whatever you want".
"That's a big promise don't you think?", I asked genuinely surprised at how sure he was that God didn't exist.
God, let Your will be done...

* * * * *
The days went by quickly and before I knew it, it was already 3 days since I agreed to Jeremy's deal. I signed the paperwork yesterday so day one is officially today.
I'm taking a huge risk putting my studies on the line but this was a challenge I want to go all out on and though I've not matured in the faith, I trust that Yahweh never fails.

I'm moving over Jeremy's place. Yes, I know but it was part of the terms and conditions. I had to prove to him that there was a God but do that within his own world. I knew he did that on purpose to try to gamble with my Christian principles knowing perfectly well it will contrast me desire to prove him wrong and I felt within my spirit living with him was a bad idea as Romans 1;19-20 kept popping in my head but it was too late to back out now.

* * * * *
He told me it was a simple apartment. But Elleri never has simple apartments. It was a luxury penthouse, tastefully furnished. I gasped for breath. I could never get used to living here.
"When you're done looking like a child in a city full of candy, let me to show you to your room." He remarked. I could see he enjoyed intimidating me.
We got upstairs and he opened the second door.
"So this is your room."
My eyes surveyed the room. Everything was black and classy. I noticed a T-shirt on the king sized bed.
"Who's that for?" I asked
"That's mine"
"What's it doing here then?"
"I sleep here"
"What? You and I are sharing a room."
"Keep dreaming", he said a dragged me out with my luggage.
"Your room is downstairs." Then he shut the door in my face. He totally made me look like the clown.
I wearily dragged my suitcase downstairs. There was a door with the name Renée.
It was simply furnished. I figured it was the maid's room. If he thinks putting me in a maid's room will make me back out then boy, he's in for something else. I never lived in affluence. I never had my own room till I was 17. I'm just fine with a bed and a clean bathroom.

I heard a knock on the door. It was Jeremy.
"Hope you like your room.", he said with a trace of laughter in his voice.
"I suppose you came here for better reasons", I stated not pleased in the least.
"Take this. We're going out in an hour." He disclosed and left.
"I tried the outfit on."
It was a crop top and jeans. Goodness. One virtue I uphold as a Christian is decency. Good thing I studied as a tailoring apprentice for 4 months after I graduated from High School.
I reformed the crop top into an asymmetrical peplum blouse which extended to my hips because the jeans literally hugged my body. Thank God I brought my scarfs along. I could make alterations as and when the need be.
"Hey. Are you ready?", I heard him call out to me.
I stepped out. He frowned. He was so not expecting this.
But guess what, with God I am beyond expectations Mr. Carlson Whyte...