Chapter 48

Anastasia? But how?... Renée just stood there, pensive.
"Hello?..."
"Anastasia."
"Oh it isn't Mrs. Carlson Whyte?" She asked ironically and laughed. Renée could have sworn that laughter was Joker's, a villain in her son's favorite movie, Batman.
"What are doing in my husband's office?"
"I work here sweetheart." What? Jeremy lied? How could he?
"Where is Jay?"
"Give me a minute." She giggled.

A few minutes later her phone rang. It was Jeremy's personal number this time. A video call.
He's so gonna get it from me. She thought as she braced herself for what was next.

"Jay?" She answered and what she saw left her speechless.
"Hey I'm back." Anastasia announced and Jeremy grinned. She set the phone down at angle that Renée could view their adulterous act and then she laid down beside him.
It was his private room, their favorite spot in his office, Anastasia wrapped in his arms in a very revealing lingerie. The silk cotton sheet draped across his lower body not doing so well to hide his nakedness- his shame. He towered over her as they continued kissing and devouring each other's body.

She ended the call abruptly. She couldn't believe her eyes. Why would Jeremy do something as treacherous as this? Was that why he was so distant lately, pleading heavy workload? Was that why the time he got home was always later than the previous night? She had been living with a stranger all this while.

Things began to add up. It all started to make sense. He was cheating all this time and she hadn't noticed. She felt rage boiling up within her. She had never hated anyone with so much passion.

Anger, pain, confusion, disappointment whirled in her mind till she broke down on the soft woolen carpet and cried her heart out. Soon after, everything went black.

*.          *.          *.          *.         *.         *.         *.          *.    
The pat on her back, snapped her back to reality.
"Madam, are you alright?", it was Cara; Jayson's nanny and the family's housekeeper. It was daybreak. Jay hadn't returned yet. That lousy weasel. At least he wasn't here to see her break down.
"I'm fine." She said as she lifted her tear stained face, her eyes met the picture of her and Jay with their son after his christening. They were so happy. Where  did she go wrong? Wasn't she enough for him?
She couldn't stand this place. She never, for once, imagined that her matrimonial home would bring her nothing but disgust.

She had to leave there and now. She hurried upstairs, had her shower, pulled out suitcases and packed her stuff and her son's too. She left everything that Jeremy ever bought for her including expensive jewelry, cars, clothes and even her wedding ring.

Thank Goodness she hadn't sold her very own sleek grey Honda Civic V6 and hadn't listen to Jeremy to stop working. Now, she could fend for herself and her son, without his support.

She packed the suitcases into the trunk and Jayson into the baby's seat. As she got into the driver's seat, the gates opened. She noticed the huge black Nissan Patrol V8 making its way on to the compound. She started the engine and waiting patiently for him to get on to the compound because she knew he could obstruct her at the gate. Immediately he parked and got down heading in her direction, she sped off, not looking back. As the car fought against the winds in an increasing acceleration, she sighed. A fresh start in Seattle.

'Was this the end?' was the question upmost on their minds....