Chapter 45

He was, in simple terms, beautiful. Could a baby boy be more adorable? He had his father's brown eyes, pointed nose and thin wide lips. However, his mother's dimples were not lost on him. His wet dark brown hair graced his oval shaped face; his mulatto- light skin glowing underneath the lights. His cry could be heard down the hallway. 
Jeremy, overwhelmed with a father's joy, wrapped his hands around his little boy, swaying him gently.
The doctors were attending to Renee. Alexia said everything was fine but he knew there were complications.
Alexia approached him and her face spelt worry.
"The doctors reported that she's lost a lot of blood and so will need a blood transfusion."
"No worries. I'll call Paula. She works at the blood bank."

Paula Shells. She got engaged to Mr. Whyte almost a year after Jeremy and Renée got married. They had been dating for some months. Paula Shells was an American born British. She had a daughter  was currently in boarding school. Jeremy and Mia warmly welcomed her into their family. They were so happy their dad decided to relive after his wife Fiona passed more than a decade ago.

"Jeremy"
"I've delivered it to the doctors. I'll go over to check on everything."
"No, I don't want to disrupt your work. I'll check on them myself."

Jeremy met Alexia on his way to the doctor's office.
"Hey Jay. You've got the blood?"
"Yeah. It's been been delivered to the doctor."
"Wouldn't you get it tested first? Not doubting Paula but mistakes do happen sometimes."
"No worries. The hospital tests it first."

Jeremy and Mr Whyte were talking via Skype when the doctor approached him.
"Sir. These are the results. The blood brought in from Insight blood bank, your preferred choice, did not match with the blood type of the patient. This was very serious which could have led to an agglutination and possibly death. I suggest you resort to the hospital's blood bank because we're running out of time."
"....."