~Thirteen~

Part Two

(A/N: I need to talk to you guys. Since this is close to the story there are a lot of episodes to cover with my own version of the story. So, you have a choice. Either I skip some parts, OR I write longer chapters, but this means chapter limits may be increased to 3000 to 4000 words which would take longer to release. Which do you like better?  While you decide, enjoy the beginning of Part Two!)

Inside an Old Apartment

Morning time

Third-Person POV

    In an old apartment, sat a short, old man reading a letter at a table. It said, 'Greetings. It feels like summer is just around the corner. As for you, sir, I hope that this letter finds you well. Since spring, I have have been a teacher at U.A. High School and have taken on the task of guiding the next generation. I thought to find someone worthy enough to inherit my power among the most promising students aiming to become heroes. But, many years before I took up my current post at U.A. I met a kind woman who I love. We married and she bore my child. This son of mine is enrolled in Class 1-A. His name, Izuku Yagi. 

    He's looked up to my hero side until I finally revealed myself. I see myself in him, he's a brave, strong young man who recently saved my own life during the U.S.J. Incident. Which I assume you've seen on the news. He's also saved the lives of his own classmates and another teacher. I found him already beyond worthy of my power. He is the 9th Holder of One For All, but, I am still inexperienced as a teacher. The day may come when I must trouble you, my old teacher. I am counting on you when that time comes. Please take care of yourself as the seasons change.

Sincerely, Toshinori Yagi.'

    The old man took a bite out of his Taiyaki cake and mumbled, "So, Toshinori is a family man now? Didn't expect that..."

U.A. High School

Conference Room

The previous night...

   In the conference room several teachers, Principal Nezu, and Tsukauchi were having a meeting. "The police have investigated the group calling themselves, 'The League of Villains', and there does not seem to be a person named 'Shigaraki' who is in his 20s with the power to disintegrate anything he touches in the government records. Same with the one named 'Kurogiri' with a Warp Gate quirk. They are probably not citizens and are using false names," stated Tsukauchi. The detective continued, "In other words, they are people with unregistered Quirks who live in society's underbelly." The pro hero, Snipe, spoke out, "We have to find them quickly. Once Shigaraki's gun wounds from me heal, they'll definitely try again." Toshinori mumbled, "Their ringleader, huh?" 

    Nezu looked at Toshinori curiously, "Something wrong, All Might?" The Symbol of Peace continued, "It was a bold attack that normal people wouldn't carry out even if they thought about it. He kept his own Quirk a secret, yet bragged about that Nomu's Quirks like it was a toy. He also was visibly upset when things didn't go his way." Nezu nodded, "Even so, it was foolish to throw away the advantage of having unknown Quirks when fighting against heroes." Toshinori continued, "He thought everything would go the way he wanted. Adding to what I saw of him when he carried out the attack, the picture I get of Shigaraki is...someone who hasn't gotten rid of their childish sense of omnipotence. A man-child." Vlad King spoke up, clad in his red hero costume, "A child with power?" Midnight voiced her own thoughts, "Could it be that he never received the Quirk counseling that every child receives in Elementary School?" Snipe questioned her, "What does that have to do with anything." After this, Tsukauchi resumed reading from a report.