IV • FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

four. for whom the bell tolls

 for whom the bell tolls

R

osie Kartwright's Residence/Whitmore College

Rosie speaks to Caroline, who is at Whitmore college, on the phone. The older one is casually in a light, loosely comfortable singlet lace top in white, dark skinny jeans, beige-coloured ballet flats, and a lucky four-leaf clover pendant necklace around her pale neck while her caramel hair remains in cute waves. She is prepared to leave the house alone to meet the brothers.

"Will you please tell me I wasn't out of my mind leaving Damon in charge of Vampire Amnesia 101?" The Kartwright girl playfully spoke with a smile.

"What did he say, exactly?" The blonde freshman asked, genuinely curious, about how the older brother is handling to be an aide for the new amnesiac.

Rosie shrugs, "Just one text – 'So far, so good.' Which, in Damon speak..."

"Means that they probably devoured a troop of Girls Scouts by now."

"Caroline!" The caramel brunette chuckles, trailed after by the blonde.

"I'm kidding...kind of. Although it's not uncommon for patients with retrograde amnesia or other traumatic brain injuries to turn volatile."

"Okay, Dr. Forbes. You're starting to sound like Minerva, which is a compliment. So since when do you know so much about amnesia?"

"It's possible I studied up on my Chem, Biochem, Applied Microbio, Molecular bio, and Grey's Anatomy—the real one and the television show, and thank you for the compliment." Caroline smiles gratefully at these.

"Wow. You did all that for Stefan?" His forgotten girlfriend guessed.

"I did all that for you and Stefan, of course. I'm also trying to impress Dr. Maxfield, even though Minerva's already on it. She figured if she could get even closer to him, i.e. not just into his Biology class, maybe she could figure out why he covered up my roommate's murder by a vampire, and it's also possible that I have a study buddy." Caroline walks into Dr. Maxfield's Applied Microbiology laboratory, in which he, Jesse and Minerva are there.

"It's too risky to be in his personal space, don't you think?" Rosie spoke.

Minerva looks up in her blonde friend's presence, smiling, "Hey Care."

"Hey Mins. Hi, Dr. Maxfield. Are you ready to go study, Jesse?"

Rosie raises her thick dark eyebrows as she curiously recalled from Damon, "Jesse? The incredibly hot, funny, and miraculously single junior student?"

"I'm dragging him to our hometown graveyard bell-ringing ceremony."

"Okay, sounds fun. Is it like a, creepy first date?" Rosie asked her.