XX • WHAT LIES BENEATH

twenty. what lies beneath

Salvatore Boarding House

Lucas Parker, with his silver blue eyes shut, is sitting on the middle of the three-seated couch in the parlor room, chanting an advanced locator spell under Damon's request, who is watching and waiting for him impatiently.

"Permisso laca tha tar."

The impulsive vampire grows more impatient at the opposite mini bar and throws an ice cube at him, which earns him a defensive statement from his current genuinely sympathetic ex-girlfriend, "That's not helping." Really.

"She's right." Luke nods at her with his defensive gaze on Damon.

Stefan steps into the room after Rosie, both former couple genuinely curious, to watch the suspicious interaction between the unsuited pair.

"Well, you've been failing now for an hour, Wonder-Twin, so at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting." Damon throws another ice cube at the witch.

"Stop that." Rosie snapped at him in constant defense over sympathy.

"Damon, I know you're out a friend, but uh, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement." The eldest vampire in the room's brother judged him.

"I don't think this guy's the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication. Yo! Where's your sister?" The blue-eyed vampire called out.

"Pardon his patience." The young hybrid told the partly liberal witch.

"She's tired of being almost murdered. Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, okay? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read." The dirty blonde sophomore reported.

By the mention of the vampire's name, Rosie and Stefan share a look without getting noticed by either Damon or Luke that they keep a secret.

"Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to..." She looks over at the younger brother.

"Cape Horn?" The green-eyed vampire brother finished the question.

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should have been a body count all the way to the airport." The older vampire brother reminded the pair.

"Well, why are you looking for him?" Stefan asked the obvious.

"Gee. I don't know, Stefan. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl." His smug brother sarcastically reminded him, annoyed.

"Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing. Is that possible?" The former Ripper of Monterrey looks over at the young witch.

"You mean, a cloaking spell? I think so." The brothers' ex-girlfriend replied instead, which earns her a look from both Stefan and Damon, "The perks of being friends with the Originals. I get to read some grimoires." Mostly Esther's one, considering it was always in reach for her, thanks to Elijah.