VI • HANDLE WITH CARE

six. handle with care

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon Salvatore and Rosie Kartwright are cuddling on the couch in the serene living room, with a lit fire providing warmth for them; the former intends to take care of the latter regarding her split with her amnesiac, lost lover who has disappeared since the night of the Whitmore Historical Ball.

"This is nice." The younger one commented, distracting herself from her upsetting thoughts about her current ex-boyfriend by being with her friend, who's also awkwardly her own ex's brother and her best friend's boyfriend.

The icy blue-eyed one is holding her in his strong arms, "It is nice."

"Hm. Quiet, still, peaceful. I like our life when it's like this." Rosie spoke, hinting about no distractions or any paranormal predicaments for the day.

"But it is our life, which probably means that somebody's going to walk through that door and shatter it." Damon reminded her, "Sorry."

She groans, obviously unhappy at his suggestion, "Don't say that."

Damon begins to countdown from ten and his best friend holds him closer in a serious manner, "No, just let me enjoy the moment. Okay?"

"Six...five--"

"Damon, today is the day that we're going to bring Bonnie back, even her twin brother Luka. It's a good day. Say it." Rosie demanded playfully.

He only smiles at her as he continues counting down to two.

"Okay, you just made me hate you." Rosie puts a finger over his lip to quiet him, as she hears footsteps approaching toward the closed main door.

Silas, now mortal, then bursts through the main door itself, "Greetings!"

"One..." Damon finished his own count, concealing his disappointment.

"Good morning, frenemies!" As he steps into the parlor room, he pulls the curtains back using magic; Rosie sits up to attention, staring in disbelief.

"Morning to you too." The Kartwright girl muttered with annoyance.

"Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer." Silas walks to the glass window and lets the sunlight hit his face, with a small smile on his handsome face, "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore. Finally."

"What's with the home invasion, Silas?" Damon asked with a serious frown.

"Well Damon, after two thousand years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die. We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch." Silas begun.

"Yeah, and so is Alex, who by the way, is still immortal." Damon recalled.

"Not for long." The former immortal takes out a sharp syringe filled with his cured blood and shows it to them, "And she's only the way she is because her own best friend betrayed her first, one who has always been a bitch."