VIII • DEAD MAN ON CAMPUS

eight. dead man on campus

 dead man on campus

Whitmore College

Bonnie Bennett, as the brand new anchor to the supernatural purgatory, is finally-- officially registered in college, only a few hours away from her hometown, in which she and Minerva rush inside of her dormitory while the African-American freshman records a video of themselves on her cell phone, chuckling, "Hi Mom. I know we haven't seen each other, or talked in a while...so I wanted to make you a video update. Look, Minerva's here."

"Hi Abby." The hazel-eyed caramel brunette greeted with a nice, genuinely friendly smile before she looks back at her friend, "Ooh, tell her about him." Luka Martin, the one and only son who Abigail Bennett Wilson and her late husband Rudy Hopkins decided to give away to the woman's cousins after the tragic demise of the late Pauline Bennett herself, under Dr. Martin's guardian ever since he was only a few months old to be his adoptive son. Now that both Dr. Martin and his daughter, Greta, are already dead from being murdered the previous year, Luka fortunately came back to life to be reunited with his estranged biological sister and hopefully also his mother.

"Oh, yeah. So, by a fortunate turn of events, we got the suitable witch to bring Luka back to life, and he's just enrolled at Whitmore too. Only, he has the single dorm all to himself. Lucky. While I finally got myself a new 'do--"

"Thanks to me." Her banshee friend interrupted with a tone, playfully.

Bonnie hums at the remark, nodding along with her, "Thanks to her, and, I'm in college at Whitmore, where Grams taught. And this is my dorm! It's huge, right? It even has a fireplace! I mean, what dorm has a fireplace?" She's now utterly convinced that Caroline must have compelled someone to have this room as their dormitory, well-spacious enough to remain in.

Minerva giggles when the door opens; Caroline and Elena rush inside.

"Oh, here they are. Hey, guys! Say hi to my mom!" Caroline and Elena got excited and wave to the camera for Abby Bennett Wilson to watch, "They're planning me a welcome party, which is Minerva's genius idea, always."

"Yep, she's the one with the bright ideas while we all go hands down on 'em." Elena bitterly said, avoiding eye contact with the mentioned girl.

"Aw, Elena, if you're in love with me, just say so." Minerva playfully spoke, that both she and the Gilbert girl share a bitter look for a moment.

The Bennett girl continued, "Just something, just low-key. I miss you. Please come visit when you get a chance. I'll, um, talk to you soon. Bye!" She plants a kiss on the screen with her right hand and ends the video.

"Aww, that's so adorable." The Devon girl cooed adorably.

"'By the way, Mom, I'm not a witch anymore, because I died and then came back from the other side'." Elena mimicked their own best friend.