XI • FIVE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE

eleven. five hundred years of solitude

Whitmore College, Bonnie, Caroline and Elena's Dormitory Room

Minerva Devon steps in through the main door of the trio of freshmen's spacious dorm room for the day, trailed after by both Bonnie and Caroline, and finds Elena Gilbert, who remains moody from the break-up the previous night, under her warm blanket. The anchor is carrying a small tray of food.

"Wakey wakey, sleepy head." The energetic sophomore called out.

"Yep. Time to wake up." The optimistic blonde freshman added on.

"No. I'm not leaving this bed." The chestnut brunette spoke lazily.

"Which is why we brought breakfast to you." The Bennett girl mentioned.

"You're welcome." The caramel brunette pulls the blanket off of Elena.

The lazy Gilbert girl looks at the breakfast tray, "What's all this?"

"This is your break-up breakfast!" Their blonde best friend declared.

"My what?" Elena averts her gaze over to the brilliant sophomore.

"Your 'I just got dumped by my boyfriend' breakfast, basically." Minerva said.

Elena rolls her eyes at the mention while Caroline and Minerva giggle. Bonnie, who feels absolutely sorry, makes a glass of mimosa for Elena.

"So that's it? You're giving up?" The Bennett girl asked about the tiring relationship their close friend used to have with Damon Salvatore.

"As she should. He sounds like Nik." The young banshee remarked as a reminder, though Klaus Mikaelson is definitely a different story than this; in which he was actually compelled by an immortal psychic to cheat on her.

"Yeah. He did say, and I quote, 'I'm a bad person. I am bad for you. And I'm choosing to let you go.'" The neurotic blonde quoted the old vampire.

Elena looks up at the Forbes girl, "You memorized my break up?"

Caroline simply nods once, proving her point, "Of course I did."

Bonnie hands the Gilbert girl the glass of fresh mimosa, "Drink this."

Elena takes the drink with a genuinely tired, long sigh, "I just have to face reality. When Damon makes up his mind about something, it's done."

"Yeah. Stefan was the same story too. So I guess you got dumped by both of the Salvatore brothers at some point, which sucks." Minerva spoke.

Caroline piped back in, "But don't you two ever wonder that the real reason why they dumped you is because of a certain...hybrid look-alike?"