XXVIII • DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME?

twenty-eight. do you remember the first time?

1994 Prison World, Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan's Bedroom

A genuinely curious Minerva is standing by an old shelf, by the wall of the excessively spacious vintage room, of a variety of books, reading one of Stefan's organized journals from 1994, in which proves that what Damon had told about the incident on May 9th is true; Stefan was the one who took Gail to the Emergency Room at the hospital where the doctors couldn't save her, though they fortunately managed to save her baby girl. Stefan ensured that the baby was adopted right out of the hospital by a great family, who named her Sarah Nelson. He planned to leave his hometown the next day while also looking out for Sarah all her life, without Damon knowing anything so he wouldn't jeopardize her life with the supernatural world.

"You know, you really shouldn't leave the door slightly open at this time when you're about to sleep." Kai shows up at the door, opening it wider.

"Yeah, shouldn't you be doing that by now?" Minerva shuts the old journal as she turns to face him, who only stares at her, "What do you want?"

"Thought you would never leave Bonnie alone with a sociopath. What's with all the, being mute thing, and leaving the house to just her and me? You know I can probably hurt her again, but of course you would hear her impending death before I may get the chance to kill her. Or not." He spoke.

A nervous Minerva manages to keep herself calm as she places the diary on the study table nearby, "Can't a girl have some time alone at one point?"

"How do your powers work anyway? You know I've been searching for books-- manuals on how banshees--"

"Hilarious." The young banshee smiles at him sarcastically, "It's not that big of a deal anyway. You wouldn't actually care, and we're only friends because we're helping each other to get out of here. Hopefully, Bonnie already changed her mind for tomorrow." To finally go home, in a way without him.

The siphoner-reject scoffs, "Yeah, and you're going to help me adjust. And no more dawdling, otherwise I'm going to hurt you, like I still have those arrows in stock, and probably leave you to bleed to death while Bonnie is coming home with me. We wouldn't want that now, do we?" Incurring fear.

"What makes you think I'm afraid of you?" Even though she actually is.

Kai stares at her for a moment and laughs slightly, "I can't sleep, actually."

"Then count some sheep." The Devon girl replied in an obvious tone.

"I think it's probably because of my mattress. Well, it's not really mine, but technically, this whole place is mine anyway. So, Bonnie won't make me try hers, but oh look. You have your own bed too." The young man speed-walks over to the big queen-sized bed and lies down on the mattress, "Comfy."