XXXV • STAY

thirty-five. stay

Mystic Grill Restaurant

Alaric, Matt, and Minerva are enjoyably celebrating a simple and small party gathering just for Jeremy Gilbert, who spoke, at a table for four people, "To Matt's phone, which is clearly more important than my last day in town." After he graduated, thanks to Elena and Damon, to go to Santa Fe art school, now that he's old enough to enroll there at eighteen years old.

"I'm here, aren't I? Where's Tyler?" The blonde mentioned cluelessly.

"He broke up with his girlfriend. He gets a free pass." The hunter replied regarding their friend's unfortunate relationship with Olivia Parker; honestly, it serves her right to be left by him after what she did when she went to the boarding house all by herself to seek revenge on Kai and Minerva. She should have known that her roommate doesn't deserve that, considering it was Luke Parker's lethal decision himself to merge with Kai.

"Ooh. Who said break-ups are a valid reason?" The Devon girl teased.

The adult scoffs, "Give him a break. His ex's psychotic brother merged with her twin and she blamed you for it, and now she's back in Portland." Oregon, in which her father would always welcome her with open arms.

"Is she?" The caramel brunette asked, which earns her a hum in response.

"She dropped out, so lucky for you to have the dorm all to yourself." The former high school AP History teacher smiles at her, who gladly returns it.

"Yeah, look. I want to take this shot before Alaric changes his mind about letting me drink." The eighteen-year-old hunter retorted positively.

"This place is closed for another hour. I'm making an exception. Cheers."

"Cheers." Jeremy repeated with his shot glass raised.

"To you, brother." His sister's ex said, "I'm really going to miss you."

"I swear, Jeremy, if I get a call from the drunk tank in Santa Fe--"

"You're going to make your girlfriend give me an STD test, again?"

"That cleared up, right?" The Occult professor grabs two cheap glass bottles of beer before he gets up from his seat and walks away from their table.

Jeremy and Minerva laugh when Matt's cell phone vibrates, which the former mentioned, "Why is Enzo still alive, and why is he calling you?"

The puzzled latter gives the blonde a look, "Are you guys friends now?"

"No way in Hell, and it's nothing you two need to worry about." Matt gets up from his seat and walks out of the restaurant to answer the phone call, "Hey, it's Jeremy's going-away party. Whatever you want, it can wait a day."