XVI • WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

sixteen. while you were sleeping

 while you were sleeping

Mystic Grill Restaurant

Caroline, Minerva, Bonnie, Rosie, Jeremy, Luka, Matt and Elena are all drinking their own liquor at the bustling, noisy local bar to spend a good time. While passing the tequila shots around, the group of friends spots Rosie dancing on the bar while a crowd of people stand around and cheer.

"What is she doing?" The Martin witch chuckles good-heartedly, along with his sister, as he remains standing closely next to her in the crowd.

The eighteen-year-old banshee laughs adorably, "Having fun, obviously!"

"About time too." The eighteen-year-old bus boy added on in relief before he hollered across the bar to get the dancing girl's attention, "Take it off!"

Rosie hears him and starts pulling one of her shirts, showing a dark blue tank-top underneath it. Taking it in her hands, she flings it around and tosses her shirt to Matt as she laughs aloud while she continues to dance.

"Elena, come on!" The hybrid doppelgänger called out to join her.

Elena laughs along as Jeremy brings Rosie a shot-glass and they toast.

"To friends!" The Kartwright girl declared with a wide toothy grin.

"To friends!" The group repeated after her in unison.

Everyone takes the shot besides Rosie, who suddenly becomes clearly pissed and flustered as she glares at them in unsatisfaction, "Am I seriously that easy to impersonate, or do you guys not know me at all?" Seriously, what kind of horrible friends don't recognise her own style at all?

Caroline and Minerva look at her bewilderedly and the latter laughs, causing Rosie to hand her tequila shot to Elena and jump down from the bar.

"Rosie; what's going on?" The Gilbert girl asked, concerned and puzzled.

"When have I ever danced on a bar half-naked? You think I would come to a local bar, with your under-aged brother and do tequila shots?" She scoffs.

"Rosie...what are you talking about?" Elena's human ex-boyfriend asked.

The seemingly bipolar hybrid turns to face him with an upset look, "I'm not Rosie, Matt. I'm Katherine. It's not me...you guys know me. I-I-I would never do that, guys! Katherine has taken over my body! This isn't me."