XL • HOLD MY HAND

forty. hold my hand

Whitmore College

Whitmore College

Elena and Isaac are walking side by side together around the courtyard as they are discussing on how to get Caroline to switch her humanity back on.

"Do you think we should do this the old-fashioned way?" The former sighs.

"The idea is to act like I still have my humanity off, and that's what Caroline should believe until she switch hers back on. So if we're going to do the whole lock-the-rabid-animal in a cell until she gave in, then I'm going to have to stay in the cage with her." Her own childhood friend informed her.

Elena seems to have the expression that that's not such a good idea.

"I know what you're going to say." Her banshee friend's cousin predicted.

The younger vampire spreads her arms out, "What was I going to say?"

"I mean, Caroline's ruthlessly strategic without her humanity, and the thought of anyone being locked in a room with her, then...good luck to me."

"Are you doing that thing where you're talking about someone when you're really talking about me? Like when I had my humanity off?" His friend said.

"No, you're different, don't flatter yourself. In your case, they actually had someone who truly wanted to kill you, as in one who actually hated your guts to get you to switch yours back on." He recalled from any of the stories he has heard about the humanity-switch issue days from Damon himself.

"But in Caroline's case..." The mentioned girl's best friend trailed off.

"She's not really a person who can attract hatred." The older one sighs.

"I take that as an insult, in my part." His old friend said with a raise of brows.

Isaac rolls his emerald eyes and scoffs, "Stop trying to make this about you."

Elena remains silent, followed by Isaac, the both of them contemplating the task at hand on their own for a reasonable method until Elena spots, not too far from them, Cassie with another female professor, talking mostly about the syllabus or the topic they are currently teaching their students.

"Oh hey, there's Cassie." The Gilbert girl mentioned, smiling at her presence, "As the brand new Applied Microbiology professor she is. We should go say hi, come on." Elena leads their way to them, both vampires watching closely as Cassie laughs at a short joke her friend shared with her before the two professors part ways, "Hey Cass." Elena smiles in a friendly manner.

"Elena, hi. Hey." Cassie smiles in return as her nephew replied simply; the new professor looks around for a while, as if looking for someone when Isaac effortlessly reads her expression, to which he spoke first before her.