XLII • I'D LEAVE MY HAPPY HOME FOR YOU

forty-two. i'd leave my happy home for you

 i'd leave my happy home for you

Whitmore Medical Center

It's night time, when Bonnie, Elena and Rosie are around the hospital in which they are, prudently, closely watching Josette, who is unaware of being watched as she is walking down the hall of the hospital in her scrubs and clean laboratory coat as she dials Alaric's number, her fiancé who is at Whitmore campus nearby in his dark classroom, working on school work.

"Don't tell me-- you've bailed on your shift, and you're headed here to help me grade papers?" The Occult professor smiles at the nice well-thought.

Jo laughs slightly, constantly smiling at the melifluous sound of his voice, "Aw, you know me so well! Except for the part where I would rather be covered in Mrs. Robinson's intestinal bile than grading term papers."

"So, I'll take that as a no?"

"I just realized that tonight is my last shift as a single woman. I can't wait to marry you." Jo professed, that Elena and Rosie share a briefly playful look.

Her man on the other end of the line grins, "And I am counting the days."

"Me too."

Both Jo and Alaric are smiling happily as they hang up, and Alaric gets back to his work. Bonnie, Elena and Rosie are aware that he will be watched prudently, too, at Whitmore college at the same time by Stefan, Damon and Isaac. Rosie signals a man in a police uniform, who is not too far away from them to do his part according to plan that Bonnie giggles in enthusiasm and Elena shushes her as they follow Rosie closely to watch Jo skimming a chart as she walks out of a patient's room, but is stopped by the man.

"Dr. Laughlin?"

Jo is clearly confused by the young man's presence, "Yes?"

"I'm Officer Baker. Is there somewhere private we can speak?"

"Sure."

The two walk into an unoccupied patient's room nearby, and the doctor looks at the male officer in concern, "What's this about?"

"I'm here regarding Professor Saltzman. I understand you two are engaged to be married?" The young man frowns in a serious manner at the fact.

The young woman frowns in return, "Is something wrong?"

Officer Baker reaches for his night stick on his belt and takes it out as he hits a button on it that makes it light up before setting it on a patient table, "Nope!" Jo looks more confused and watches as he starts to smile, according to the girls' plan behind this, "Everything is just right."

Elena laughs, "Okay, come on."

Rosie presses a button to make the song 'Ladies Night' play, and Officer Baker rips open his shirt and starts to gyrate his hips, revealing that he's not a police officer-- he's a stripper, causing Jo to be alarmed. Baker strips down to his red speedo and continues to dance provocatively as Rosie, Bonnie and Elena burst into the room and scream loudly in unison, "SURPRISE!"