XXX • I ALONE

thirty. i alone

Malachai Parker's Apartment, Virginia

Now that he has made it to the real present world of 2012, he is in the middle of setting up a simple dinner on the small dining table, rethinking his plan to get back at his twin sister, Jo, and more specifically, to get back at his own coven for trapping him in the prison world for eighteen years; from 1994 to 2012, because he murdered four of his own siblings in the very first place at their own childhood home. Why would he miss those kids?

"Knock knock." Minerva comes into the dining room from a bedroom where Kai left her when she was still unconscious to rest, her caramel hair is tied up in a bun and she is still clothed in her 1994 outfit without her shoes on, a lazy though adorable smile plastered on her lovely though sleepy face.

"Hey. Come on in. I made dinner." The young man invited her suggestively with a cute smile in return, preparing the lavish luxuries just for her alone.

"Wow. After an exhausting time travel, can't you just order some, Chinese food or something?" The Devon girl walks over to the table for four people.

"It's not really my taste. And anyway, I knocked you out, so to make up for it, I brought you into my home and cooked you your favourite." The siphoner chuckles, "Pasta. I know, I'm a great cook. You're welcome."

The young banshee sarcastically smiles at him, "Perfect." Not really, considering she should probably leave, save herself, and try to warn and save everyone from the serial killer who have made it back to the real world.

"That's what I said." Kai holds up a glass bottle of wine and she takes it.

"I'm bringing this as a return home present." To her beloved mother.

"Very funny. So before I change my mind and make you leave with an empty stomach, you should just sit and eat." Now, he snatches the bottle back.

"Look, I appreciate it, okay? But you left my friend trapped in that prison. Could you be any more predictable?" She almost snapped at him angrily.

"And you're a tiny temper who's getting on my last nerve. Eat."

"I'm not hungry. But thanks anyway." Minerva fakes a smile.

"I've been on my own for eighteen years." The ex-prisoner stated out.

"I've been in prison for four months. Clearly, we're different and I'm really sorry in your part. But I have to go see someone." The smart teen spoke.

"Aww. Mini muffin's missing Mommy already? Of course she does."

Minerva rolls her big hazel eyes playfully out of annoyance, "I added my number in your phone. So just give me a call. You're welcome, I guess."

"Sounds cool." Very cool, considering they remain in contact.

After a short and simple goodbye, Minerva leaves the place on her own.