XIV • NO EXIT

fourteen. no exit

Salvatore Boarding House

'Rosie' and Stefan are lounging around the parlor room early in the bright morning of the day, while the oblivious latter quizzes the knowledgeable one on history under her own playful request to spend more time with him; because why wouldn't she take that sweet opportunity now that Damon Salvatore is finally out of the way? Now she can have more time alone with her favourite Salvatore brother in a false identity of Rosalina Kartwright.

"Roman empire."

"476 A.D., sacked by the goths."

"Han Dynasty."

"220 A.D."

"Holy Roman Empire."

"Not really an empire, but 1648."

"There goes your perfect score!" He mentioned.

"What? No! That was right." She stubbornly insisted.

"No, no, no. The book says it was 1806." Being the Holy Roman Empire.

"Okay, well 1806 may technically be right, but it was the Peace of Westphalia that truly ended the empire and that was in 1648, trust me."

Stefan looks a little curious, if not puzzled, as to how Rosie knows so much about the Roman Empire. After picking up on this, she tries to cover it up.

"I may have done a paper on the Holy Roman Empire in high school in the nineties." Rosie/Katherine smiles innocently at her own ex-boyfriend.

"Okay." He hears the doorbell rings, "Oh, Caroline and Isaac are here, I asked the sheriff to help me track down Damon." Wherever he is with Enzo.

His ex-girlfriend tries to muster up some concern and empathy for the older vampire brother's well-being, but she fails at being convincing transparently. Isaac opens the main door before Stefan can and the young vampire marches into the parlor room, trailed after by Caroline as research buddies-- practically assistants of Sheriff Forbes to search for their target.

"I hate to admit it, but you were right. He's off the rails." Isaac begun, judging by the archives and newspapers they read from the sheriff earlier.

"Yeah. This is from my mom." Caroline hands her close friend some papers.

"Let me guess: missing persons and animal attacks?" Stefan listed out.

"Check and check, but there's something else." The Forbes girl said.

"Something intriguing. All of the victims were found inside their homes without their head, and their skin was desiccated." Isaac explained simply.