XXII • HOME

twenty-two. home

Whitmore College, Commons Area

Stefan's lifeless body is lying on a three-seated couch. The whole room is deafeningly silent, except for Rosie's pathetic soft cries while Caroline has dry tears evident on her lovely face. The duo are waiting for Elena and Damon's arrival. Honestly, unlike Rosie, Caroline didn't expect that would happen; how Tyler/Julian just easily pinned Stefan to the parked mini-van and ripped his heart out of his chest without hesitation, but vengeful anger. However, Rosie already sensed something like that would happen, though she remained uncertain earlier on whether her senses will come true or not.

Seeing her ex-lover's desiccated form like this, Rosie can only pray silently that Bonnie and Luka have figured out a way to bring people back from the other side, including Enzo (just to make him happy and leave them alone), and especially Stefan himself. Otherwise, who is Rosie Kartwright without Stefan Salvatore? Caroline sighs tiredly when she sees her friend remaining to cry and she grabs a box of tissue nearby before she uses two dry tissues to wipe Rosie's running tears for her. Though that's when Elena rushes in, trailed after by Damon and April. The chestnut brunette finds her ex-boyfriend's cold body and sits on the coffee table in front of the form.

"Oh my God. Stefan!" What has happened? How did it come to this?

A gasp of pure shock escapes April Young at the sight of him, "Oh no."

"We didn't know where to bring him, and we just couldn't leave him outside." The blonde told them. And Rosie can't seem to go on anymore.

April shakes her head a little, "What happened outside, exactly?" From the way they look at it themselves, there seems to be a bloody-now-dry hole in the middle of his chest, in which his significant heart is supposed to be.

Who would have the nerve to rip Stefan's heart out? Apart from Rosie...

The caramel brunette shakes her head, "This can't be happening."

Damon looks at his own brother's lifeless body, disconcerted, in horror and disbelief, bubbling with his own fury, "Somebody ripped his heart out."

"Bonnie has a plan, right? She-she said that she could bring people back." Rosie said; neither of them responds, "Tell me that she can bring him back!" Otherwise, how is she going to live on in this wretched life without him?

April slowly nods in an awkward manner, "Luka has a plan. Don't worry."

"We'll bring him back." I hope. Damon nods a little for reassurance, "Come on. Let's get away from prying eyes." He starts getting Stefan's cold body from the sofa with Caroline and Elena's aid while Rosie continues to cry.

Without Rosie or anyone's awareness, Stefan's ghost is actually present around the room, in which he is watching them from the other side. He has been observing between his own lifeless body and the love of his life, who he feels nothing more than to touch her and even hold her, hug her and comfort her that he will come back. I will come back for you. But it felt like not so much as a good idea as anyone thought it would be. Probably because the worst thing that can happen on the other side can occur at the most unexpected times, and Stefan's not sure he'll be able to survive that.