XIII • TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

thirteen. total eclipse of the heart

 total eclipse of the heart

Mystic Falls Town Square

Rosie/Katherine is sitting on a park bench, writing on a diary, 'Dear Diary, I love my life. Seriously, becoming Rosie Kartwright is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I finally have everything I ever wanted. I'm young, healthy, gorgeous. Everyone loves me, but best of all, I'm a hybrid now...' She pulls out her mobile phone and looks at a picture of Rosie and Damon, '...so rest in peace, Rosie. Thanks for giving me the perfect life.' Really.

She deletes the picture and another one pops up, 'And now that I've corrected the single worst decision you ever made...' She deletes the second picture as well, '...falling in love with Damon Salvatore...' She keeps deleting pictures of Rosie and Damon, '...I'm going to win back the one thing I've always wanted.' She comes across a picture of Rosie and Stefan as a couple under 'xoxo' and she sets it as the phone's home background, smiling at it.

****

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan walks up to his brother's royal blue Camaro in front of their house's main entrance that had been crashed into a plant pot. He notices that there's dry blood on the trunk door, which makes him open the trunk and finds Aaron's cold, lifeless body in it. He should have known; he closes the trunk and walks inside, in which a miserable Damon is drunk on the couch. There's broken glass everywhere around the living room from drinking from the previous night, along with Enzo, to forget about his current problems.

"Hey. Sorry about the mess. I had some company and things got a little out of hand." The older, drunk vampire brother tries to sit up on the couch.

"You want to tell me what the hell's going on out in the driveway?"

"Ah. I let Enzo drive last night. He's a little out of practice." The icy blue-eyed one gets up from his seat, "Almost ended up in the damn foyer. Sorry."

"Huh." The younger one only stares at his reckless brother in disbelief.

"Oh. You mean Aaron." The boy's own murderer finally recalled casually.

"Yeah."

"Yeah. Well, last night, we hunted him down, and I ripped his throat out. Yeah. I just figured it's time to shove the last branch of the Whitmore family tree into the...wood chipper." He drinks from a full glass bottle of bourbon.

"So Rosie turned you down, and your first instinct is to go in a killing spree? Could you be any more predictable?" The green-eyed one judged in a snap.