Twenty-Two

Eve's pov

My shift was finally over. I was dreading this moment cause that meant that i had to tell the reason i wasnt dead. But its time for the truth to come out. I go over to my employee locker and grab my bag along with my phone. I read through the notifications. There was a missed call from a number i dont even recognize. I should call them back later to see what they want.

"Hey there girlie." Shane appeared at the front of the store as i make my way out. I give him a slight wave and walk out and over to the food court. We sit at a seat secluded from everyone else.

"So..... How are you alive? Tell me everything." I rolled my eyes and prepared myself. Here goes nothing.

"It started...." I froze. I didnt know how to start the story. I looked to Shane. He was being patient, waiting for me to gather myself. I took a deep breath and scanned my memory of the accident. "After I was shot." The memory of my dad came up in my mind. The look on his face. The gun pointed straight at us. A tear fell down my cheek.

"Hey." He put a hand on mine. "Its ok. No ones gonna hurt you." He reassured me. I felt a little more calm.

"After the whole incident, i was rushed to the hospital and into surgery. They got the bullets out and sewed me back up. Apparently i didn't wake up for a week. My body was shutting down." I tried remembering more of the incident. "I remember in that week i was having weird dreams and i think an out of body experience." Shane gave me a confused look as i tried to remember those dreams.

"I was in my childhood room. Black and red walls. I had gone down stairs and there was my mom with my 2 brothers and my friend. Then the rest of my friends came in. My first boy friend was there. We were all eating and having a fun time. I remember i didnt want to leave that place." Thinking of it now. I wanted to die. To be with them. To have the life i wanted. With my brothers, my best friends and Ethan.

"Then later i was looking at myself, in the hospital bed. Adam and Lilly were there. I remember screaming to wake up. But a voice behind me said it was time to go. And i went with the voice." Shane was confused.

"So you saw your body die while Adam and Lilly were in the room?" I nodded. "Then how are you alive?" It's something i dont understand myself. But somehow i am.

"I dont know. The next thing i remember is waking up 3 hours later in the morgue. I gave them a big scare. The doctors checked my body and the wounds and said they wernt shut down at all. I was fine." It seemed like he was still confused.

"Then why hide?" I sighed. Man this is harder than i thought.

"I didnt want to hide. I wanted my life back. My family. But the doctors told me it was best to hide my identity because right now everyone in the world knows im dead. And then all of a sudden coming back will give shock to the world." I could tell he was intrigued. Who wouldn't? Im technically a dead man walking.

"Wow. I could understand why. So you "faking" your death made all your friends and family mad at you?" I nodded. I would be mad to if i found out my mother was alive.

"All my friends and the guys were chill with me. Lilly was too. They weren't really mad. It was Adam who was pissed. He didn't want to speak to me, nonetheless look at me." He nodded. Looking back now maybe Adam was trying to figure out how im alive. For all they know i could be a clone.

"Thats ok. Im sure he'll speak you soon." I nodded and looked around the food court. There are families with children. The mother and father doing everything to keep their 2 kids calm. They gave each other a kiss. I look down. I could've had all that.

"I gotta go. I gotta get home before my roommates wonder where i am." I stood up and rushed out the door without saying our goodbyes. I just wanted to go home. I wanted away from these memories. Away from a life i couldve had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

767

Sorry that i took awhile to update. Writer block and i just don't have motivation. But here us why shes alive and hope you enjoy more to come.