Chapter 36

Crowsky enjoyed the cool water splashing against his pelt, it was refreshing and soothing against the harsh greenleaf sun that beat over head. He watched Ebonypaw splash around in the water, enjoying the time she was spending with Shadepaw. Stonefoot sat on the edge of the pond watching. Crowsky knew that Stonefoot didn't really like swimming, but he used his age as an excuse. The cold water hurts my bones. He said, Stonefoot wasn't that old, he had a few strands of white in his gray muzzle.

Crowsky still loved swimming and the hot weather made it even more enjoyable. Not to mention, Shadepaw and Ebonypaw could swim and train at the same time. They could have fun while still building their muscles and swimming skills at the same time and Crowsky got to relax as well.

"Hey, Stonefoot!" Crowsky heard a voice in the background and saw Frostfire padding up from the camp. "Ivystone wants to talk to you." She mewed. "I can see Shadepaw home."

"Alright." Stonefoot stood up, stretching out his limbs. "I'll see you back at camp, Shadepaw!"

Shadpeaw nodded in agreement and continued playing with her sister. Crowsky swam up to the shore and stepped up to greet Frostfire. "What's that about?"

"Who knows." Frostfire shrugged. "Ivystone just wanted to talk to him. You lot have been out here for a while you'll turn into fish if you're not careful."

Crowsky playfully splashed Frostfire who stepped back in alarm. "If I do become a fish, be sure to not feed me to Skyclaw, he's a messy eater."

"No I'll feed you to Shadowpelt, maybe you'll give him a belly ache." Crowsky and Frostfire shared a laugh.

"I still don't know why he hates me so much." Crowsky admitted. "I didn't think me leaving affected him that much."

"No, it's not the fact that you left." Frostfire dropped her voice.

"Wait? You know why he doesn't like me?" Crowsky questioned. "Why?"

"It's a long story," Frostfire sighed.

"What is it?" Crowsky urged." You can tell me."

"Well..." Frostfire shuffled her paws. "After you left I kind of became friends with Shadowpelt, not long after I became a warrior he asked me if I wanted to be mates with him. I turned him down, and I guess...he's taking his anger out on you."

"W-why me?" Crowsky felt his pelt burning.

"He assumed that you were the reason I didn't want to be mates with him. He knew I--cared about you a lot, but the truth is I just didn't want to be mates with him regardless of my relationship with you. He's entitled and arrogant."

Crowsky wasn't sure what to do think about this. Frostfire rejected him as a mate and he's blaming me? Crowsky flicked his tail with annoyance. I didn't think that Shadowpelt was that kind of a cat.

"Well--" Crowsky looked at Ebonypaw and Shadepaw. "They should probably get home." Crowsky was certain that Frostfire didn't want to talk about Shadowpelt any longer. "Ebonypaw! Shadepaw! It's time to go home."

Shadepaw and Ebonypaw didn't complain but he could tell that could tell they didn't want to go. Regardless, the two she-cats swam to the shore and climbed out of the pond, shaking their pelts dry. "Can we have a race home to dry off?"

"Sure," Crowsky approved of their choice. "Just head straight home and take some prey to the elders."

In the blink of an eye, Ebonypaw and Shadepaw took off towards the camp, vanishing across the moor. "They have so much energy." Frostfire stared longfully after the two apprentices.