Epilogue

Crowstar breathed in the warm scent of newleaf, the snow had vanished, leaving a new world for hunting. Crowstar had been leader for several moons now, and it had came so easily to him. He had named Hawkface as his deputy, the warrior was brave and strong and he served MoonClan well. Crowstar lived in his new den with Frostfire always at his side, he enjoyed his new life.

A lot had changed around the forest, after a violent battle against SunClan, Elmstar had been overthrown and Jaggedstar now led LichenClan. Both SunClan and AshClan had new leaders as well in Flowerstar and Lionstar. It felt like a new era for the forest, not just for MoonClan. Life was blooming in MoonClan as well as Ashfeather was the first new queen in many moons, carrying Smallstrike's kits. Tawnytail had also moved into the nursery expecting Smudgenose's kits. Crowstar was incredibly excited to see Silverpool's bloodline continued in the Clan.

Everything felt so perfect around MoonClan, Crowstar was enjoying the peace and he hoped it never ended. Being leader involved guiding his Clan, but he still patrolled and hunted with the rest of his Clanmates. He never wanted that to change. Crowstar looked over his Clanmates, they were busy at work with patrols and hunting. They had already been assigned by Hawkface, but Crowstar wanted to get his paws out on the moor.

He started to leave camp, stopped by Icestorm. "Where you off to?" She questioned curiously.

"Going to stretch my paws out on the moor." Crowstar replied. "When Frostfire gets back tell her to save me from prey."

"Don't keep her waiting too long," Icestorm laughed. "You know how she gets without prey!"

Crowstar shared a laugh with his friend before breaking into a run across the moor, he felt his life flowing through his paws. The moor would always be his home, no matter what changed. He recalled his life as a loner, he thought about them a lot. He hoped all of his former friends were living full lives, including Cooper. I hope he knows that Ivy is happy among the stars.

Crowstar's paws beat against the moor, the scent of rabbits and heather warmed his entire body. Crowstar neared the LichenClan border and he spotted movement in the trees. Crowstar stopped running and focused on the figure, he recognized the reddish-brown pelt of Jaggedstar.

"Greetings, stranger." Crowstar called across the border and Jaggedstar looked towards the moor.

"Well hello there." Jaggedstar purred. "How's the prey running?"

"Not as fast as me." Crowstar laughed. "You?"

"Wonderful." Both Jaggedstar and Crowstar met at the border. "Just needed a walk, you know?"

Crowstar nodded. "Being a leader can be exhausting, cats expect a lot out of you."

"There's nothing wrong with it," Jaggedstar mewed. "But sometimes I miss just being a normal warrior."

"I hear that." Crowstar sat down and Jaggedstar sat down beside him, they were sitting across both territoires. "I've found myself thinking about the past a lot lately."

"Your past is a big mystery to me." Jaggedstar joked. "You disappeared for so long."

"Yeah." Crowstar stared into the distance. "I had to venture out, kind of a personal mission."

"What do you mean?"

Crowstar continued to tell Jaggedstar the story of his journey, from meeting Sheba, to the coyotes, to finding the loners and the tale of Ivy and her death. At long last he finished the story with when he returned home.

"Wow." Jaggedstar breathed out. "That's quite the story."

Crowstar nodded. "It seems like it happened so long ago, but I'm happy where I am now. That journey defined who I am."

"The past tends to do that." Jaggedstar's eyes crossed with a dark shadow of sadness.

"Are you thinking about Elmstar?"

Jaggedstar nodded slowly. "Yes, having to kill him was the hardest thing I've ever done." Jaggedstar met Crowstar's gaze. "But he wanted me to tell you something, he wanted to apologize for killing your father. I don't expect you to forgive him but Elmstar was very troubled by the end of his life, I wish you could've known him as I did."

Crowstar thought for a moment, Blacksky had died so long ago. Everything had changed since then, he had forgiven the cat who brought him the most pain and she had given him a life for forgiveness. "I do forgive him, I owe that to someone I used to know in my life."

"I'm very glad to hear that." Jaggedstar bowed his head. "Elmstar is too." Jaggedstar looked back towards his territory. "You know, a war started between Owlstar and Birdstar, then Jumpstar and Cloudstar inherited it. It may have ended by the end of their lifetimes. However, with you and I as the new leaders of MoonClan and LichenClan, perhaps we can lead a new era of peace."

"I would love that." Crowstar purred. "We will lead into a new era, together." Jaggedstar and Crowstar looked up at the sky, taking in the moment and Crowstar knew that there would be peace and happiness between their two Clans for as long as he led.

"Crowstar," Ravenheart's voice spoke from outside his den. "Shadowpelt is here to see you."

Crowstar lifted his head, he felt weaker with each passing breath. "Please, send him in." Speaking hurt his throat, but he had to say his final goodbyes. He had led for so long, and MoonClan had changed in so many ways. He has lost cats and gained new Clanmates. Badgerstripe had passed and now Ravenheart was the sole medicine cat. His first deputy Hawkface had passed and Crowstar had named Shadowpelt as his new deputy.

In the passing seasons, Shadowpelt had matured and made up for his former behavior and was now one of Crowstar's closest friends. Crowstar had faced death eight times before this, and he knew what it felt like. As greencough gripped his body, he could feel the stars calling to him. I'm ready. He thought, he had waited so long to see Ivy again.

"Crowstar," Shadowpelt stepped into the den. "How are you feeling?"

"Not the best." Crowstar chuckled. "I'm glad to see you, I wanted to say goodbye to my deputy. I know you will lead this Clan right."

"I'll do my best to honor you, Crowstar." Shadowpelt bowed his head. "I'll make you proud."

"I don't doubt that, Shadowpelt. It'll be an honor to give you one of your nine lives."

"Crowstar?" A concerned mew spoke as Frostfire stepped into his den. Frostfire had been his mate for a very long time, he loved her dearly. She had guided him through so much, he would miss her. "Oh..." She breathed out, she realized what was happening.

Frostfire curled up beside Crowstar, he enjoyed her warmth in the cold season. "Please, Frostfire. Do not let my death drag you down, you still have a lot of life in you."

"I know." Frostfire breathed out, touching her muzzle to his. "I love you, Crowstar."

"I love you too." They shared a long moment together, breathing was getting harder and harder for him. "Shadowpelt," He turned his head slowly. "You may go, I wish to spend my final moments alone with Frostfire."

"I understand." Shadowpelt bowed his head and left the den, leaving Crowstar alone with his mate.

"I'll miss you," Frostfire whimpered. "We all will."

"I'll miss you too, but I have no regrets in this life. The stars are waiting for me, my family is waiting."

Frostfire began slowly grooming his pelt. "I hope your journey to the stars is a safe one, I'll be watching for an extra star in Silverpelt tonight." She leaned in close, nuzzling him lovingly. "Say hi to Ivy for me, give her the love you've been waiting for. I'll see you again soon, my love."

Crowstar breathed out slowly, the world was starting to slow so much. He breathed in Frostfire's sweet scent, welcoming her warmth and love. I love her so much. Crowstar thought as his heart began to fail. Something caught his eye, stars began to form ahead of him. Crowstar looked up slowly, Ivy stood before him, as beautiful as she ever was.

"Ivy..." He breathed out her name, she was waiting for him. I'm ready. I'm coming Ivy. Crowstar took one final breath, and as he breathed out darkness filled the world and he was welcomed into the stars.