𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘦𝘺!

China, Beijing. The year 2019.

(Mey's P.O.V.):

I absolutely adore this song with Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian singing together, nothing can stop them! My name is Sheng Mey, and I am turning sixteen this year. I am thrilled about my birthday. I live with Mr. and Ms. Po, who own a restaurant called "Beijing Cuisine". They are not just my friends, but my family, and I am grateful for their kindness. 

Today is a special day as it marks the 16th death anniversary of my biological parents. Although I don't like visiting their graves much, I still feel connected to them as spirits. Mr. and Ms. Po have been supportive and have adopted me as their own child. They have their own children who live in Hong Kong and are lawyers and Buddhas. Mr. Po has told me that they have five sons.

Although Miss Po can be temperamental and we have occasional disagreements, I am happy to have a small room of my own in their home. I am proud of my resilience and grateful for the opportunities that life has given me.

 I am proud of my resilience and grateful for the opportunities that life has given me

Let's go back to me. I'm now in my room, looking outside my window, wondering if my life as a Chinese girl would bring me happiness. Instead, I have an entire family of Po's here calling me in 1,2,3!: 

"Mey Mey, it's time for your surprise!!!!!" Yelled Ms. Po. 

She was downstairs near the entrance of the Beijing Cuisine restaurant, and I yelled back at her: "COMING!!!!" 

I got off my bed, putting on my mother's light blue & white hanfu. (Picture below)

This was the last of my mother's clothes

This was the last of my mother's clothes. She gave them to me in her will, saying that they were mine and mine alone.' Man, it breaks my heart not knowing anything about my parents. Once I came downstairs and opened the entrance of the 'Beijing Cuisine' restaurant door, there stood the entire workforce, and the Po family exclaimed: "梅尚生日快樂!?!?!" 

I was about to fall to the floor, but instead, I felt some familiar arms holding me up as I turned my head behind me to see Bejimen Po, An actor.

"I got u, and Happy Birthday, Mey!" he said with an actor's smile. (He's single)