Chapter 6: Dad

You’ve survived the first week of school in thirty years and might you say the experience feels great. Mr. Aizawa might be tired and honestly a bit cold at times, but you can tell he means the best for everyone despite his exterior. Your peers are easier to speak to and more likable than your former as well. Lastly, over the years, school has gotten easier and you’re more than prepared! Now you’re competing with Bakugou for the top spot in class. From arguing over who gets to answer the teacher’s questions to who is factually right, Bakugou always has to take a jab at you. That boy is a handful and it’s not like Kirishima and Midoriya didn’t warn you about him. You enjoy the healthy competition though and you both have came to respect one another. It reminds you of back in the day when you were always competing in wits within the classroom with your Not to be Named Ex. Yeah, you’re still upset with that man and plan to give him a piece of your mind eventually. When you say piece of mind, you really meant beat his ass into oblivion. Now isn’t the right time anyways with him being the Number One Hero and you being a grad school student. No doubt the Ex would have the upper hand…

Never to worry though! Bakugou and Shoto said that when the time is right they’ll gladly help you beat him for good.

In the meantime, you’ve noticed that Shoto has been awfully close to you as of late. You have no problem with it, Shoto is a wonderful guy! However, it is a bit weird how the two of you are rarely separated. Even your peers are beginning to notice. Especially that blonde pervert and your female peers, particularly that raven haired girl who acts proper in her every waking second. Everytime you see her, her gunmetal orbs are all glossy and she never wears a genuine smile anymore. The other female peers tend to glare at you almost as if they’re jealous or purely enraged by something you’ve done even though you’ve done nothing but piss off Bakugou all week. On the other hand, the pervert, you believe his name is Kaminari. Yeah, that’s his name! He’s just curious about the relationship since he’s confused as to if you’re dating or not. Nevertheless, you’re beginning to grow accustomed to ignoring just about everyone. No need to get involved with them and letting your spirits die thanks to petty drama.

Due to them, you’ve been keeping more than a healthy distance from your peers whenever possible. That meant you’ve been holed up within your dorm with eyes glued to a computer screen. Even Shoto has followed in your footsteps as he took it upon himself to take a nap upon your bed. That boy booted you from your own bed, leaving you to sit right up against the bed upon the floor. You have no complaint but Shoto… He’s such a sleepy boy. That or, he just loves to sleep. “He’s so cute when he sleeps,” you began to awe. Shoto’s face was more youthful, completely free of stress… So handsome. Not to forget how he can be so adorable in the way he embraces the pillow beneath his head like a child with a teddy bear. “I really should stop staring at him…” You returned your attention back onto the laptop sitting atop your legs. “It’s creepy and It’s not like we’re dating…”

Despite how much Shoto loves to sleep, he’s not a heavy sleeper. The second you began to speak half minded compliments, he awoke but tried to head back to sleep as to not make you think he heard you out. Shoto heard everything and you had no clue! Your small confession kept him up on the other hand, so he sat up within the bed. You pay him no mind. That was until his curiosity got the better of him and his head began to hover over your shoulder. “Do you mind?” You playfully push the boy away by his cheek.

Shoto wretched at the subject your internet tabs spoke of. “Why are you researching the Renora News Station? All they ever do is follow around Pros and exploit their every move…” Clearly, Shoto doesn’t like them. Little did you know, that’s the News Company that’s always trying to break onto UA property for news scoops.

“It’s my dad’s company apparently,” you sighed and sat the laptop upon the bed for Shoto to see easier. “Enji apparently cleared things up with my mom about me disappearing for three decades. Now I’m talking with her again and… A lot has happened while I was under the ice,” Shoto heard you out and you weren’t the happiest. He finally looked at the computer screen as you had changed tabs to a photo album under the name of Dante Renora. There on the screen was a photo of a man in his early thirties with short combed back snow white hair wearing a suit of black. The man looked tired yet joyful as his hand laid upon the shoulder of a female half the man’s age that Shoto knew: you. You looked the same you did now as in the photo except you were a costume that was also snow white in color and had lots of fur. This photo was no doubtedly older as it must’ve been of your father and yourself way back when.