Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore

6242 Words. Woof! That's long like wow... Wow... Hope you like it.

Everyone got the rest they deserved with ten minutes to spare. This class exercise was draining, and that's an understatement. Who knew that one singular hour can make anyone want to sleep off the next ten years of their lives. As reluctant as always, Shoto managed to get himself to stand up. He had begun to sway on uneasy feet. The way his eyelids hung low upon his eyes like window blinds had shown just how tired he truly was. All to perk himself up, Shoto began to execute some bodily stretches. His hands would reach for the heavens, back arched, chest puffed out with each breath taken. The relief on his joints had prepared him for the trial ahead.

"You're looking better," Jiro complemented the male. Shoto was a brand new man!

Shoto hummed, "I just needed to warm up for a little."

"All of us look like we got hit by a train though," Kirishima was careful with the movement in his arms. Everything stung, his muscles ached, he could just barely stand with no other choice but to rely on Jiro and her shoulders. Even the fabric tied around his open wounds hindered his movements and choked out blood flow. He's only ever been in this much pain once before and that moment was rather recent. "I hate to ask, but can I rely on you guys to pull me through the next trial? I feel like a dead weight right now," Kirishima regretfully admits that he's at his limit. In his eyes, it's so shameful of himself to ride on his partners coattails.

"What partners are for," you reassured the boy with shark teeth. Much like how everyone was so supportive of you after your breakdown in the first trial, the group will now support him in his time of need.

Shoto knelt down to pick up your cloak from the ground. From one hand to the other, he opened up the cloak by it's ribbons and draped it over your shoulders for the warmth welcomed you in for that heavenly embrace. "Let's go," he encouraged everyone once again and led the way down a shallow corridor. The corridor opened up to a room with four circular capsules lining the wall side by side.

"Final Trail: Trust," your watch came to life as cheerful as ever. "Each member will enter separate pods, where he or she will be ejected into another room. Your task is to figure out if the person within your room is a doppelganger or another member of your team. Doppelangers must be eliminated and only when everyone has collected together into one room can you finsih the trial."

"Right when I said I ran out of steam..." Shoto growled lightly. As if his body can handle another fight so soon. He assumed the next trial would be more trivial rather than physical judging by how hard the last one was. Assuming really does make an ass out of everyone.

"Let's just get it over with. Who knows, this could be our easiest trial," you suggested. Really! Who knows, there's a chance that nobody has to fight at all. This trial could either be the easiest or the hardest one yet.

Kirishima agreed with the difficulty of the trial. "Those clones did die in one hit," Each clone was challenging in it's own right but they're physically as fragile as a newborn baby spare for Endeavor's clone that needed two attacks to down instead of one.

Everyone was ready to tackle this final trial. Everyone except for Jiro. In the back of her mind, this trial doesn't sound as easy as it does. Each trial manipulated your fears, ensured that teamwork would play a prime role, jumping into something without a thought isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Jiro ran ahead of everyone and blocked off the open doored capsules before anyone could enter. "Before we do this, we need codewords or something to make sure we don't kill each other."

"Smart," you snapped.

"Banana!" Kirishima chuckled as that was the first thing that popped into his head.