Chapter 7: The Family

Very Long Chapter Ahead! 7000 words and oh my god why did I write so much!?

Just an hour ago, three heroes in training had boarded a train to the more commercial areas of Japan where the buildings consume you and the technology is beyond your comprehension. Your father, Dante, owned a luxury home, a penthouse more specifically. Actually, he owned an entire skyscraper! Only on the highest level is where you'll find where the Renora family resides. Only the wealthy can afford to rent out a house there and just looking at such a towering building made your stomach churn with anticipation.

The three of you had began to stare up into the heavens and yet none of you could figure out where the top of the building would end. It was like the tower went on forever. No wonder why the building earned it's rightful nickname: Heaven's Tower. Katsuki Bakugou got tired of searching for heaven. His head of spiky blonde lowered until it sat parallel with his neck and shoulders. That almost iconic bored yet heated glare occupied his features as he delivered it to none other than yourself as he is known best. "How did you not know your family was famous?" Bakugou more states than asked from his end of overbearing curiosity. His exact viewpoint came to haunt you once again, how does somebody not know they're famous?

Problem number one: You try to stay away from all sources of media to the best of your ability.

Problem number two was fighting yourself to stop staring up at the sky. Even after lowering your head, you found your boyfriend, Shoto, still looking up at the heavens in search of the very top as clueless as ever. "Bakugou..." You let out an aggravated sigh to alleviate your pent up frustration. "My dad left my biological mom after I went under the ice. He wasn't famous before then and he changed his name. No easy way to put it... HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?" Your eyebrows were cocked with such intensity they could freeze that way. Bakugou understood that you would've had no awareness about your father's success over the last thirty years through most means. His glare refused to diminish though...

"Are we going to stand out here all day or go inside?" Shoto lets out a bored sigh. Well, that was a new sight! Shoto had finally gotten the hint to quit staring into the sky like a moron.

"Yeah, sorry, let's go in," all frustration aside, your arm hooked with one of Shoto's like a chain. He had led the way inside the glorious tower fitting of the nickname of Heaven. The doors were made of flawless glass with a large calligraphy R etched into its face. Within, the warmth felt pleasant upon your abnormally chilled skin while the light breeze originated from the ceiling fans that lazily spun around overhead. The floor tiles were made of pearly marble and the walls painted a chocolate brown. At the end of the room was a large desk sat a bald man smoking a cigarette from an elaborate brown holder. Two chrome elevator doors were parallel of the desk.

That smoke puffing man glanced up from his computer monitor. He was juggling a variety of tasks upon it. With a simple roll of his grey eyes, they turned a cybernetic green. A large see through wall of the same color separated the lot of you from himself. "I'm afraid I don't recognize any of you. Unless you live here or have permission to visit, you must leave." The man, of course, knew that neither of you lived within the building. He's never seen anyone wear such common clothing within that very building before and that's saying a lot since all three of you were wearing jeans.

Bakugou rolled up the sleeves to his jacket, "Why I-"

Shoto jutted out and held him back. He then motioned for you to answer the man since you technically had business here and they didn't. You cleared your throat, "I'm here to visit Dante Renora." The man at the front desk narrowed his doubtful eyes on your form. "He's my dad... He asked me to come here today."

"Miss..." The man leaned forward in his seat. "I get that a lot."

Really? You growled, "fuck's sake..."