1 - Gunshots & Clubbin'

Kiona's POV

+ not edited

"Oh come on Ki, it's so fun and you always want to skip out on it." One of my bestfriends, Trece begs. It was the morning of Mardi Gras and I was planning to stay at home comfortable in my apartment and plus I was not planning to take my hair out of this wrap.

My other friend, Ziya rolls her eyes at me. "You always do this." She says pouting. I look up at both of them and around the small coffee shop that was crowded with people.

I frown thinking for a bit. "Hmm." I murmur seeing their faces glow with excitement. "Sure whatever" I say smiling as they smile. "Where are we going anyway?" I ask.

"To this fancy ass restaurant and then to the club afterwards." Trece says.

"Oh yea and plan for two outfits, not gonna wear club clothes to a fancy restaurant." Ziya says seeing my face. I just want to stay home with my tv and bed. I'm more of a introvert than a extrovert. Well if you get to know me well, I talk a lot.

"Two outfits?" My eyes were basically bulging out of my head. I don't like dressing up. Nothing looks right on my body. I've been working on my confidence but there's always that little voice in the back of my head. "Wait fuck that, a club?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yes ma'am. If you're lucky you may find a lil boo thang there." I playfully roll my eyes at her. 23 years old and I've been single all my life. I've given up all hope at this point. Hmm I should get a pet to keep me company. Well shit, I act like I already don't have three dogs at my apartment.

If you didn't know, Mardi Gras is extremely big in New Orleans. The culture was amazing and fascinating, but there would be way too many people for me to even have fun. I always watch my back because I don't know what could happen.

"Ki!"

"Huh?" I say snapping out of my thoughts. I rub my temples.

"Ziya will pick us up, we're meeting you at your apartment to get ready." Trece explains.

"Why my apartment?"

"Your mirror is really big" Ziya says and I roll my eyes. "We'll see you around 6." She adds getting up and I follow. We say our goodbyes and I head to my car. I loved this car and I've always wanted it. People always look at me like I'm crazy when I say I've wanted this car for awhile. It was a Jeep. A regular four seater with doors.

I drive home and it took longer than expected because of traffic. Already seriously?

I unlock my apartment, locking it back once inside. I let my dogs out and they jump all over me. Milo was a Brichon Frise, Loki was a German Shepard, and Thor was a Doberman mix.

Call me crazy, three is a lot, but living alone can be kind of scary. I'm only here to finish my degree then back home I go.

I've been out since 9am and it's 2 now. It's the weekend and all I wanna do is sleep. I set an alarm for me to wake up around five-ish. Before I can peacefully sleep I walk my dogs, picking up all of their business. Least favorite part about having this many dogs. I walk to the dog park which is very convenient and let them roam free.

After about an hour, we return home. I was so beyond tired from school the week before so I was glad I could just relax even if for a little.