42 - Freak

Kiona's POV

+ not edited
[Sunday]

"Oh my god!" Jackson looks up from his phone to me. He actually started listening to me after I yelled at him. This meant that he had more time to annoy the hell out of me.

"What?" I question getting some food outta the fridge placing it on the counter where he was sitting.

"You only eat pineapples, and according to twitter, that makes you sweeter." He smirks.

"And also the fact that I wash myself everyday?"

"Ok but fruit wise, pineapples especially, freak." He says shutting his phone off looking up at me. I shake my head at him.

"Hmm, I do like not having anything to do, I'm actually on social media now and I get to annoy you." He smirks.

"You forget that I have to work?" I ask turning on the oven. He starts to whine.

"You're gonna leave me here?" He groans.

"Jackson, I've barely seen you last week, I think you'll be fine bub."

"Exactly I need more attention." He whines.

***

"Babydoll," He says as soon as I answer the phone.

"Yes Jackson?"

"I miss you, and I have nothing to do. You should be proud I'm actually listening to you. I realized how much I don't see you when you go to work and I hate it. I can't wait to take you on vacation." He rambles making me smile.

"Jackson baby, I've only been gone 3 hours." I pout. 

He grumbles. "Well anyway, I just noticed that all my hoodies are gone and your closet is awfully full." He caught me. I didn't even take a lot, he didn't have a lot anyway.

"Maybe you should buy more." I retort.

"I think I need to take your clothes." He ponders.

"Please do." I laugh. I probably looked crazy. I was by myself in a big cafeteria with hundreds of people walking around and I was laughing to myself.

***
Jackson's POV

I was still healing, but that didn't stop me from going to work and all this other shit, I just didn't go to gunfights and all that. It was boring as hell. I've had a lot of time to think though, about Kiona. It was weird as hell, how I had fell in love in only like 2 or 3 months.

They say that you can't put a time on love. Or some shit like that. And I didn't know what love was at all. I was still used to getting laid everyday, and breaking people's hearts left in right forever. That was until Kiona came and fucked up my life. In a good way.

She's feisty, and doesn't play any games, she's smart, and beautiful and fuck literally everything. I knew that something was different when I stopped getting laid everyday after the week I met her, and that was saying a lot. I realized that maybe it was too soon to fall in love, but I knew when my heart almost broke when she got grazed by the bullet. My heart dropped to my stomach and I had made her a promise. Successfully, I kept it.

It was terrifying, she was panicking and I didn't even think about the promise I had with her.

I know I was a pussy, for being scared to say it first but I didn't want her to feel overwhelmed. I almost slipped up saying it way too many times. She also has had a tough background and that also broke my heart. I knew she was kind of broken inside when she told me about her stepdad and when she didn't exactly take off like a chicken with its head cut off when I told her that I killed people. That was really different.

It was weird. I knew that people would be gunning after her, because she's someone I love. I can't let her get killed because of me. On top of that, I hadn't seen my family in awhile, and my sisters have been complaining. I'd made a promise to myself that I'd go visit soon.

Back to Kiona, I am extremely possessive of what's mine, but not in a bad way. I'm not going to keep her home just because, or make her change clothes. That's too possessive and that's not cute in a relationship.

I wouldn't kill someone for just looking in her direction. Unless, they were checking her out visibly. Or they were just old and fucking creepy, then I'd kill them.

Other than that, I vowed to keep her safe, for as long as we're together. And hopefully that's forever.

_____________
A/N: ewww this was shitty but anyways I'm posting another chapter today