19 - Pretty fire

Jackson's POV

+ not edited

I'm actually really shocked. I took a three hour nap, until she woke me up by moving weirdly. She had her leg draped over me and over my area. It hit different so I had to get up...

I've been in such a good mood the past two days and today even if the day had barely begun. She wanted to drive to uni today in her new car so I let her. Of course sending two suvs to follow her.

I was in my office making sure Adrian's plans didn't fall through. I only went into work for a few hours then came back home. I brought all these papers downstairs to the kitchen to read over but, I realized that was a bad idea when Luca, Liam, and Adrian strolled in. They ran other companies of mine, but they preferred to work from home only going in for meetings.

I groan aloud. "What now?" I ask as they surround me.

Adrian was holding one of Kiona's pests, I didn't know which one and I didn't care. "So like, when are y'all getting together like it's only obvious that you like her." I open my mouth to say something but Liam speaks up.

"I mean don't deny all of your feelings just admit that you have a little crush on her," Adrian says gesturing 'little'.

"Ooh like the verse in that Brock song she told us to listen to. 'I got a crush it's nothing else, I swear it's nothing else'" Luca says attempting to sing.

"Yea yea yea, get out of my face." I say looking down at my papers.

"We're not leaving until you admit you have the tiniest feeling for her." Adrian says pushing it.

"Loki," Luca starts making small noises at the dog, forgetting what he was talking about. Liam leans over the counter.

"Just admit it." He says, his whole body on the counter.

"The hell get off of the counter, this isn't middle school you children." I say rolling my eyes.

"Woah, I think you're picking up her habits of rolling your eyes." Luca laughs seeing me clench my jaw.

"Everyone does that?" I say. Luca raises his eyebrow getting distracted with the pests again. "Yea sure, the slightest bit of attraction to her now fuck off."

"I mean we know it's more but we'll let that slide until later." Liam says jumping off of the counter. "Oh yea something important guys, the whole reason why we came in here." Liam says turning around.

"You guys are so dumb." I say rubbing my face.

"So you know that gang on the westside, they took our shipment, so we have to deal with that." Liam says slowly. "Don't be mad, well actually I don't care because it wasn't my fault."

"So who's was it?" I say irritatedly, getting up.

"I already talked to him. You don't like either of him, it was Charles but he blames it on Richy."

"Well now we gotta go get it before they sell it and I gotta put a bullet through his brain, I'm not losing money over some dumb shit because of them." I rub my face again, then run them through my hair.

I open my notebook going to a blank page to plan this out. The westside, meaning Mateo's gang. I just wanted a break! I just realized that both Richy and Charles requested a vacation this week. Yea something was up and I didn't like it at all.

"I'm back!" I hear a voice shout out. Kiona walks into the kitchen with her bookbag on.

"Wow nothing happened huh?" I ask her and she glares.

"Why is that a bad thing, what went wrong now?" She says dropping her book against the counter. "Fuck, you look stressed." She says biting her lip out of habit. And that was cute as hell.

"Nothing just that one of our shipments was taken, so we have to get it back before they start selling it because that's money down the drain. Also, we're about to go blow up a warehouse." I say standing up looking down at her.

She frowns. "Am I going with you?" She asks crossing her arms. I give a look saying she already knows the answer to that question.

"On another note, how was school?" I ask opening my arms for her. Damn. Liam winks at me from the other room staring at us. I roll my eyes at him giving her my attention.

I was now sitting on the stool so she comes in between my legs. I wrap my arms around her waist, seeing her bite her lip again. That was so sexy but shit, I gotta act cool.

"Eh, only a few more weeks." She grins making me laugh. "Also... I want to take a nap but, but according to you and Adri we're blowing shit up." She says shaking her head looking at me. I didn't know her that well, it's been like a week and a half surprisingly but those days were different. I get a few texts interrupting us.

Adrian ask her onna date

Liam you won't pusccc

I clear my throat awkwardly to which she questions. "Uh, on a lighter and different note... Will you uh g-go on a date with me?" I somewhat stutter, oh my.

She bites her lip. "Woah, are you sure? You've slept with like 6 women since I've been here. Yea it didn't go unnoticed," she makes a face.

"Yes I'm sure," I say holding her hips now playing with her waistband. I couldn't tell her that they were distractions to get her off of my mind.

"Babydoll trust me alright?" She nods slowly. "Alright? We leave in an hour." I say and she leaves to go upstairs quietly. I felt like something was wrong so I stayed in the kitchen thinking until it was time to go.

Taking that three hour ride back to Andrei's warehouse wasn't as awkward or weird as I thought it would be. I could tell she was thinking about it so it was just quiet with the radio playing.

It was fairly dark outside so as Adrian, Elijah and Will set everything up. I leaned against the car with my arms folded. "Babydoll, you've been quiet this whole time and you're never quiet." I says turning to her to break the silence.

"Nothing I'm just thinking." She says looking up at me. "I'm fine I swear. What? Do you want me to cuss or call you a name to assure you that I'm still myself?" She asks and I shrug.

"Fuck off Jackie." She says laughing.

"Ew your laugh." I joke laughing.

"You wanna talk about my laugh, yours is worse. A lot worse, listen to it." She breathes out. I hold my mouth shut cause she was right.

"Alright! Ready to go!" Will screams.

"Do the honors why don't you?" Adrian walls over to me telling me what to do. "These wires wrap around their warehouse and Will managed to get some inside because no one is in there."

"Alright fuck it." I say lighting the match.

"Holy shit!" Kiona curses next to me seeing the warehouse burst into flames in less than 15 seconds after I lit it.

"That's pretty fire not gonna lie." Liam jokes.

"Shut the hell up." Luca glares playfully laughing with Liam. "Alright we can pack it up, finally something fucking went right." Luca shakes his head.

"Don't forget we're dealing with Matteo's ass tomorrow." I say getting in my car.

"You're going to get me killed." Kiona says.

"No I'm not I swear, and I keep my promises. Plus nothing terrible should happen?" I question myself and she stares blankly at me.

"You say that now and then we'll end up in gunfire and killings and shit."

Let's just hope she wasn't right.

________