22 - Me n you

Kiona's POV

+ not edited

I was starting work today, finally! I got up and drove myself to school and then Jackson drove us both to work. I only had one class, which started at 7am. Bad scheduling on my part. I just wanted to be done with the class as early as possible.

"No fighting." He says getting out of the car. I stand on the sidewalk waiting for him. I hated dressing up but, I'll do it for my job. In a long black pencil skirt and a plain white dress shirt and a kimono, I think I was pretty set to work.

"Yea yea." I mumble walking side by side with him entering the elevator.

"Yea yea nothing." He puts his bag in his other hand taking my chin in it and pulls me up to kiss him. This was like daily, and it always made my stomach flip. I really liked it but hated it, I caught feelings. Well at least for the most part. Me catching feelings never ends up well.

I get out at floor 17 walking into my department saying a goodbye to Jackson.

"Hi I'm Alecia, Mr. Taylors wanted me to help greet you and get all settled in." She speaks with a smile making me smile as well. Shaking her hand, she leads me to my office. I didn't know how long I'd be working here, but I hope it's not a very long time.

"So as you know, you're head of the tech department so you'll always be busy, I hate to say." She says putting some papers on my desk as I sat down. "You'll be in and out of meetings, some of which you'll like and some will be batshit boring." Her cussing caught me off guard but hey, it made me a little more comfortable.

"Your schedule will always be emailed to you by me and if you need to cancel just shoot me a text. My number is..." she walks me through everything which was boring as hell but I had to learn. Shit I had two meetings today already.

One meeting was about designing tech and trying to replace and update the computers to get everything their people needed to do their job more efficiently. I liked that. At least they just didn't say to hell with everyone and fuck off. I've had some jobs like that and that's why I was out of work for awhile. It seemed like a budget wasn't even involved with all of this making me furrow my eyebrows remembering to bring it up at the next meeting.

The other meeting was...actually I don't even know what. I zoned out but smiled while I thought about a shit ton of other things. I even started my essay for my main class. They didn't ask for my input which I was glad because my head was spinning in there.

Once I stepped foot in my office I closed the door opening my bookbag to take some Advil. Alecia told me to check my email frequently or I'd get behind. I was ready to go home and I'd only been here for 2 hours making it noon.

I rubbed my temples trying to soothe my headache but my office phone rang making it worse. I picked up faking my voice and turning it into a perky one. "Hello?"

I hear a deep chuckle on the other side of the line. "Babydoll is that your attempt to mask your voice because you're agitated?" He asks.

"No not agitated just I don't really know overwhelmed? And tired." I really hated it when I couldn't explain my feelings and emotions.

"With what babydoll? I could lighten the work... I could-"

"No I'll be fine just gotta get used to it." I breathe out. "Ok Jackson?" I ask because he didn't respond.

"Mmm." He says unsatisfied.

"That's not an answer."

"Ok ok." He says but I knew that was just to make me happy. I hung up without saying goodbye continuing to read more emails. After some time my headache cleared and I told myself that it was time to get some food. Grabbing my bookbag, I open the office door getting stepped on by Jackson.

"Gahdamn nigga!" I shout retracting my foot. It slipped I swear. He thought it was pretty funny.

"You act like I weigh 400 pounds, I didn't even step on you all the way." He says walking into my office. Yea invite yourself in why don't you.

"Mmm, plain." He says walking in and looking around. I didn't ask for an opinion.

"I'm working here temporarily." I say like be didn't know. He knew I was agitated and just came to fuck with me. He shrugs smugly meeting my eyes.

"Come eat with me, that's why I called and came down here." He says changing his demeanor when he sees my face. "It'll cheer you up... hopefully." He tries convincing me.

I think food is always the solution because I agreed. When we get in the elevator he presses the number back up to his floor. "You really think we were going to eat in public here?" He asks holding the door for me as I step in his office.

"I mean yea..."

"I'll order some food up here what do you want?" He says taking his suit jacket off moving his hair out of his face.

"Uhh..." Let me not be picky or indecisive. "Chicken tenders and barbecue sauce. And a wedge salad with ranch without tomatoes." I say happy with my order. Yes I was still a child.

"You don't want steak or crab legs?" He asks looking at me weird. I shake my head no as he continues to place the order sitting on his couch. He hangs up putting his attention on me again.

"Babydoll come here. Let's talk." He says pulling my hands. He pulls me down onto his lap catching me off guard but he only chuckles.

"This skirt is too fucking tight oh my." I mumble to myself pulling it down. This wasn't lady like at all.

"It's just me and you." He says grabbing both of my hands so I'd stop pulling my skirt down. Fuck that's so cute, you can't say shit like that and expect me not to think of you in any special way. "What's on your mind babydoll?"

I do know but I don't? I can't explain it and I hate expressing feelings when I can't. Fuck I hated this.

"I don't know it's just... stress? I mean a lot—it's hard to explain sorry. Graduating soon, I'm stressed as hell." I mumble looking down, playing with my fingers. I could feel him staring which only made me more nervous.

"I understand, hard to put it in words right?" He asks and I nod. "You know you can talk to me whenever about whatever, I'll be here to listen alright?" He says lifting my chin so I had to make eye contact with him.

"Mmhm." I hum out as he kisses my forehead. I was planning to go back home after school but I was starting to change my mind. If this goes anywhere I don't think I wanna leave. Well that was like a week away and that's not a lot of time to figure out what we both want. I'm talking like I actually know he has feelings for me.

I zoned out until he starts rubbing my back. "Thanks." I mumble out somewhat awkwardly. He chuckles continuing to do it. Booty rubs are better but we'll save that for another time. Talking to myself in my head might seem crazy because I do it a lot. Now it's just normal but, a mess.

"Babydoll? You sure you're ok? You've been staring into space and furrowing your eyebrows. Also nervously biting your lip." Damn I did all that?

I nod laying my head forward on his chest. He watches me. I could feel him and I would've fallen asleep except I had to eat and get back to work. I get out of his lap awkwardly trying not to move so much. I'm so dumb I swear.

A knock on his door startled me so I sat back down on the couch. Some words were exchanged and the food was here. He gives me my boxes and takes out his.

I scrunch my face at his food. "You eating fish is disgusting. The stench!" I would literally throw up at the smell. This girl my freshmen year in college smelled like fish...all the time. She almost made me drop the class.

"It's not even bad. At least I'm not eating chicken tenders." He says pointing at my food. My stomach hurt from the smell and I was no longer hungry. I laid back down on the couch not feeling good at all.

"I gotta go back to work see you at home-your house yea your house..." I say getting myself together.

I walk out waiting for the time that I could clock out.

__________