Bonus #6

Kiona's POV

+ not edited

Today was our wedding day.

Holy fuck, I'm getting married. Soooo, here my mom was trying to make sure everything was perfect, meaning freaking me the fuck out. Also, stressing me the hell out. Ok, I never dressed like a "girly girl" or whatever the fuck. I dressed comfortable and how the fuck I wanted to. I wasn't used to having hella makeup on. So, when the makeup people were gone, I took it all off, to make it look more natural.

They should've put a powdered wig on me as much as they lightened my skin. What was a normal wedding day, if the bride didn't cry. I cried for almost an hour, because I was overthinking everything and things that could go wrong. What if our wedding got shot up, highly unlikely but it was still in the back of my mind.

When Ziya and Trece were called to the back with me, they helped to calm me down. Trece, actually being really helpful in this case. Then Jackson's sister, Jaylen helped get me back together. 

My theme was rose gold, so Ziya, Trece and Kiera had on tinted gold dresses to fit the theme and Liam, Luca, and Adrian had on suits with tinted gold ties.

"Babygirl, it's your time." My dad says coming in the room.

"Damn you just made it sound like Im boutta die." I mumble, sniffling. He chuckled lightly, pulling me in a hug. He rubbed my back for a few minutes until my breathing calmed.

"I remember when you were just born-"

"Dad," I cut him off. "I love you but don't start." I laugh playfully. He puts my veil down, grabbing my hand.

"Now, if you ever need me to come down there and kill him for anything, I will. Without hesitation." He raises an eyebrow, managing to make me feel better. "I love you Kiona Rae James."

"I love you too dad."

"You better hyphenate you name." He says playfully.

"Was already planning on it." I chuckle.
I
The doors open and everyone stands. I forgot how many people were invited and my heart only beat faster as they stared and took pictures. I tried not to stare down at my feet in nervousness. My dad's hand soon let go as he went to stand off to the side. I walked up the two steps finally facing Jackson for the first time all day. His mouth was slightly agape making me smile, and my tears were starting to come back.

It was then I noticed the tears in his eyes. Are you fucking kidding me, he's tryna kill me! On our damn wedding day!

'Stop' I mouth playfully and he smiles. I fix his slightly crooked tie making him frown slightly.

"Hurry up, so I can kiss her already." Jackson glares at the priest who started without hesitation. I glared at him and he smiled sheepishly. The priest went through all the sayings and shit, but I zoned out looking at Jackson. Jackson went to start saying his vows, but a little Jovani, decided to start screaming making this scene even more perfect.

"Oh, he's telling me to hurry up and marry mommy, ok!" Jackson jokes making people laugh. "Babydoll... first, I just want to let you know that I love you, but you already know that. You also know that I'll never stop loving you..." His lips moved smoothly as he sweet talked our relationship to the people getting some awes after every word. That made me cry and sniffle. I pulled my hand away to wipe my eyes but he wouldn't let me.

Then it was my turn, and as I was saying them, looking into his eyes, another tear fell from his face making my voice crack, causing the rest of my speech to be put on pause. I swallowed and finished the rest of it to look at him looking at me with red eyes.

"Now say the I do part." Jackson rushes quietly, but apparently not quiet enough as the crowd starts to laugh.

"Do you take Kiona Rae James as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you pa-?"

"I do." He rushes before he could even finish. I quickly wipe my tear away.

"Do you take Jackson Scott Taylors as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do!"

My priest blesses both rings to which we both say, "I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

"You may now kiss the bri-" but it was too late for him to finish, Jackson's lips were already on mine, making my cheeks heat up.

Meaning, smiling to the point where it hurt. And then, Jamel started to cry, a sign that pulled me back out of my head. My head finally registered the cheers and applause for the both of us as we walked down the steps. Before walking up the aisle, we grabbed the twins carrier and walked out with them, completing our family.

It was a very difficult day overall. My relatives came to the wedding, in hopes of me marrying a black man, but they were very thrown off seeing that it was not. Some were so disgusted that they left, and that fueled part of my breakdown.

My grandma hated it, until she found out that he was wealthy. So what'd she do? Ask for money so that she'd "accept" him. So, to not worry about her, I gave her 200 from my pocket and we left. She, and all the other relatives who didn't favor this, were still family but damn it was really hard seeing that.

As we locked the twins in their car seats, we pulled out into the streets of Chicago to Jackson's penthouse.

There was supposed to be a reception and all that shit, but honestly, I let some shitty ass people get to me. So, we cancelled it. It contributed to the fact that my grandma was supposed to watch the twins, so we wouldn't be worried about them at the party. We walked in Jackson's building, and then I came back to reality when the lobby clapped for us.

My dumb ass was like ?? Then I realized we were still in our wedding outfits. That made me smile.

"I'm sorry." Jackson apologized once we were up in the kitchen.

"No, it's not your fault." I say softly intertwining our fingers. He kisses my lips and my forehead, after putting the twins in their high chairs.

"Don't think about those people, babydoll. Think about the people who stayed for our wedding, to celebrate us, okay?" He says and I nod, snuggling into his chest.

"Now, we can't just not have our first dance right?" He smiles getting me to cheer up. Best Part by H.E.R and Daniel Caesar starts to play when he takes my hands. We move around the room with the twins babbling in the background.

He spins me then dips me dramatically making me laugh. It was then that Jovani showed that he was done with his food by flipping his bowl upside down. Jamel then followed by throwing his bowl.

"I'm gonna go change, so that this doesn't get messy," I say referring to my wedding dress. He nodded, pulling me back to give me a kiss. Satisfied, he let me go change. We switched places, so he could go change.

"Let's cut the cakeeee, cmonn." He persuades me to. How the hell do you cut a five tier cake properly?

"Jackson, you can't cut it like that, it's gonna fall over."

"I know what I'm doing Mrs. Taylors." He winks, putting his smirk back on. I wince as the cake wobbles.

"Ready?" He gives me a fork, wrapping our arms to feed each other.

"See? It's good as hell!"

The twins faces were cleaned, as well as the floor, so I went to go change their diapers.

Our night settled as normal, a happy family.

____________
A/N:

Would your parents let you date a white guy?
-my dad, fuck no. My mom probably would