5 - Fuck off Luca

Jackson's POV

+not edited

She fainted. Once again. I don't know why but she did. I pick her up placing her in an empty bedroom with a/c. I took off her shoes and order someone to get her a glass of ice water for when she wakes up.

I watch her rest, from the corner of the room. She sits up for a few minutes then groans laying back down. Uh ok then.

Fuck, Luca was right. She doesn't know it yet, but people have their eyes on her. And after getting more information on her, I knew I had to protect her.

Yea it's my fault, but I did save her however, if I didn't she'd be dead. Since I did though, people think she means something to me which she doesn't.

She has a better future than me and that's the whole reason why she's in my house right now, and nobody enters this house unless you're one of my men.

Come on like software engineering and computer engineering? That's different. Seeing as she wasn't going to wake up any time soon, I head for the door.

"Let me know right away when she wakes, immediately." I tell whichever guard who was outside her door. "Don't try anything stupid, I'll kill you." I threaten and walk down the hall to my office.

"Boss it was Hunter's gang at the diner." I furrow my eyebrows upon hearing this. We haven't been in contact in several years, so why the hell now.

I shouldn't be that surprised, my crew was the biggest and baddest in the world. Everyone wanted to try to kill me, but it'd never happen. On top of dealing with mostly anonymous gangs I had several businesses to run.

You think I could sell drugs, make that much money and just put it in the bank without a real job. Having several businesses helps cover it up.

"Find where they're located. Now." I demand. There was another gang planning to attack but we handled it before they could. Two groups after this girl, that only means that there's more and like Luca said me protecting her is only making it worse.

"Fuck. I need a drink."

I walk to the kitchen rubbing my temples grabbing a bottle of moonshine, pouring it into a shot glass grabbing a chaser. I take two shots of that still wanting to be alert for whatever.

"She's awake." Someone alerts me. I had a doctor in the house who said she was still breathing and all that shit, just like the last time she fainted.

She woke a little while after she fainted, then went back to sleep, at least that's what the doctor said. I walk in the room to find her putting her shoes on. She was always so quick on her feet.

"Oh shit, you scared me. I'm leaving. Again." She says picking up her apron. "And uh thanks for saving me, again. But I don't understand."

"Understand what exactly?" I question knowing I can't tell her too much. She shakes her head muttering 'nevermind'.

"Uh well thanks," she says keeping her head low walking out the door. I wait a few seconds for her to return.

"Actually," She starts out and I smirk. I see her roll her eyes, "You brought me here can you take me home?" She says and I twirl the keys in my hand.

"Let's go." I say and she follows behind me. Walking down the stairs and pass the kitchen, Luca gives me a smug look.

"Hey Kiona," he says every so casually. She looks up waving back.

"Remember what I said." He tells me and I flick his forehead before continuing out to the garage. I really didn't know which time he was referring to. Him telling me that she's already in this fucked up shit, or that he'll have her if I don't.

I take the same car that I took the last time. I speed out of the garage letting the car be filled with silence. I glance over at her, noticing that she's changed her hair into box braids. She meets my eyes furrowing her eyebrows before looking back out of the window.

I let my lips curl a little before turning on the radio. "Just so you don't take apart your phone again, I didn't put a tracker in there." I say seeing her play with her phone.

"I don't trust you." She says looking at me. I chuckle.

"I don't expect you to babydoll." I say and she glares at me. A few minutes pass by and I was approaching her complex. "Why'd you faint?"

"Blood. Seeing it and thinking about it. It makes me feel sick, like not just a small cut but lots of it. And other gory stuff." She says taking her seatbelt off. I park the car locking it and follow her to her apartment.

"You and your men can figure out my apt number, you don't need to follow me." She stops walking to turn.

I shrug, "That may be true however I wanted to walk you." She mutters something under her breath walking the stairs. I follow behind, telling myself not to stare at her ass. Well fuck. She walks down the hall to apt. 306.

"Ok bye!" She says unlocking her apartment. She walks in trying to close the door on me but my foot stops it. I push it open to see her fold her arms which pushes her breasts up. I avoid looking down meeting her eyes.

"What do you want? Oh is there going to be another shooting? No? Ok then." She says throwing her keys on the kitchen counter. She takes the dogs out of their cages and they all start barking at me.

"Three dogs, what the hell." I mumble to myself more than to her. "Uh anyway, here. For when I'm not there." I say talking a gun out of my waistband.

"Why?"

"Just trust me on this, I'll explain later." I say placing it in her hands.

"No now!" She says handing it back to me.

I sigh. "Because like I said at the store, you've been seen with me, multiple times now and-"

"Yea like twice now." She cuts me off. I glare at her to make her stop talking but she only gives me more attitude.

That was kinda attractive not gonna lie.

"Alright babydoll," I say getting serious. "I'm guessing you know who I am by now, you're pretty smart huh." I say leaning against the door.

"I run a business babydoll, I run a gang, the biggest in the world, I have a reputation to keep. You being seen with me even once or twice will get you killed." I say and she sits down at the bar in the kitchen. I walk over leaning on the counter to see her better.

"Well I have a gun already..." she says walking into another room. Two minutes later she walks back out holding two. She places them on the island that separates us. I look at them and it's two handguns.

I shrug in content. "Alright." I say putting the gun I tried to give her in my waistband lifting my shirt a little. Had to show a little something right?

I smirk knowing she's watching, looking back up to see her roll her eyes. "Well I want you to keep one on you at all times. Alright?" I ask and she nods.

"You know how to shoot?" I ask and she nods.

"My dad took me to the gun range back home because the neighborhood we lived in wasn't the greatest." She mumbles out and then stops herself from talking.

"Whatever, just keep me alive for another month so I can graduate" she says pushing me out of her apartment slamming it shut.

__________