9 - Nothing dangerous

Kiona's POV

+ not edited

"No." I reply.

"No?" He questions folding his arms.

"No." I fold my arms matching his stance. I was planning to work for Apple or Google. It may be hard but I was determined.

"Why not?" He asks. Actually... I start thinking about it. More stuff on your resume the better right?

"I change my mind, sure why not, but only until I get a better job." He scoffs at that.

"Please what can be better than this." He gestures to his whole building. I laugh.

"A lot of things actually, your companies may be high up in the rankings but they aren't the biggest or the best. Get your head outta your ass." I scoff opening my laptop back up.

"I've let your attitude slip one too many times, so I'd advise you to stop talking to me like that." He walks closer until he's towering over me.

"Or what?" I question standing up. He chuckles looking down at me. Our faces were too close together and I could feel his body heat radiating off of him. His breath fans down on my face.

My heart rate starts to speed up staring into his eyes. He leans down in my ear whispering, "I don't think you'd like to see, babydoll." I didn't know if that was a threat or if I was supposed to be turned because I was and I was very confused with myself.

He chuckles seeing my confused but interested face. He doesn't say anything, and backs away leaving his office leaving me to flop down on his couch.

I frown, thinking about the little unimportant interaction. My stomach does its little flip thinking about him in let's just say...other ways than just a friend. I didn't even know how to classify our relationship.

We aren't anything special obviously, but were we even friends, I'd say not really. This was weird. What better way too I get this off my mind then to sleep.

Plugging my earbuds into my phone and finding a good playlist, I drift off to sleep.

***

"Come on, we gotta go." He says barging in his office. I forget where I am for a second rubbing my eyes. He clenches his jaw while looking frantically around his office.

I grab my bookbag and quickly put my shoes back on. I wait by the door seeing him put bullets in his gun. Awe fuck here we go again. Basically following his lead we run to the elevator, I'm impatiently waiting for the elevator and running out his building, we get in his Ferrari.

"Can you tell me what's happening?" I ask catching my breath. I don't run willingly ok. He just clenches his jaw. Lemme phase that better. He clenches his sexily shaped sharp carved jaw and whew what a sight. He grabs the wheel with one hand the other on his gun. His hands look good too, now I'm not going to say what else was in my head.

However, it was not the time to admire his looks, I still didn't know what the hell was going on. I huff leaning back into my seat. Damn, I've been sleep for two hours, I really need to fix my sleep schedule. Digging through my bookbag I grab my gun as well.

"Oh so you listen huh," He finally speaks up. I glare at him looking at our surroundings. The port. Luca and Adrian pop into my mind. I internally groan. He quickly takes his suit jacket off and dress shirt pulling on a light grey shirt and he takes his pants off struggling a lot putting on joggers. I quickly cover my eyes because I was not expecting that.

"Let's go." He says throwing his clothes in the back.

"Ya know...I can just sit this one out. Orrr I can be the get away and you can just jump in when all of it is done." I suggest not wanting to be in the midst of gunfire.

"You know you're safer with me right?" He raises an eyebrow turning off the car.

"Doesn't seem like it." I mutter.

"Come on," He urges. "Nothing dangerous, I promise." His eyes soften and I actually feel somewhat better. He gets out and I follow close behind checking my surroundings. I guess these types of things came natural to me. Back home I always had to watch my back even if I was just walking home from school.

I put my gun in my waist and lemme tell you, it was uncomfortable as hell. I put it in the back of my jeans and it was a little better. I mutter some curse words as we get closer. I spot Luca and Adrian and they looked very pissed off.

"What's the problem? I hear you asked for me." Jackson bellows out. Everyone turns to the sound of his voice.

"Hunter." Jackson nods. I was awkward, as hell and didn't know where to stand, where to look, how to stand. I literally overthink everything.

"Taylors." The other guy nods back. The guy, Hunter, looked around his late 30's but he looked like he was already going gray. Yikes. "Oh and who's this pretty young thing?" He asks and I make the mistake of meeting his eyes. Jackson pulls me to his side putting his arm around my waist letting his hands hold the side of my hip.

"Listen here you little shi—" Jackson cuts me off giving me a pointed look. Hunter laughs speaking up.

"Oh! And she's got a mouth to her, I see why you like her Taylors." I roll my eyes.

"Alright, seems like you didn't want anything but to be an annoying little asshole so cut the shit, what do you want?" Jackson says not letting go of me but only tightening his hold.

"Nothing, nothing." He says nonchalantly. So why are we here! "I just wanted you to see me do this." He says laughing. A second later we hear an explosion and some laughter.

"Oh you fucking bitch." Jackson growls out cocking his gun and shooting Hunter in his leg. Jackson pulls me to the ground with him behind a big cargo container.

Yea nothing dangerous my ass

____________
Happy holidays!